Thread: Lost Simplink and ARC due to LG 42LW5500 software update, HDMI is unstable

Lost Simplink and ARC due to LG 42LW5500 software update, HDMI is unstable

Got a new LG 42LW5500 LCd TV and along with that I have also purchased the BD660 (blu-ray) and a Denon AVR1611. I turned on HDMI control using DENON and enabled ARC and Simplink from the TV. The speaker was communicating perfectly with the amp. Yesterday did software update to 04.00.18. After that there is no ARC function and Simplink. I cannot see anything on HDMI network. Today there was nothing update. I didn’t it because I thought it could solve the problem but it didn’t. What kind of software update is this?

Re: Lost Simplink and ARC due to LG 42LW5500 software update, HDMI is unstable

As far as I know that majority of LCD TVs have a specific HDMI jack. If so, then you must use only that port for the ARC feature. Otherwise you need to simply put an optical cable from the TV to get the same quality audio you would get through the HDMI cable.

I fear it is a problem with LG SimpLink , at first believed that the series would only with this model, but is it also in other models in other countries they are going through the same thing, but for now you know the solution. Sometimes it starts with the SIMPLINK and suddenly in the next time you lose.

Yes it also seems to me that you are not trying to use the HDMI inputs to pass the audio from the TVS to the ARC. Either output or the input may not be the HDMI. ARC only work when you trying to pass Digital Audio. If there is any variations in Audio Type, lots of path available and it is hard to find whether ARC is the best path or not. If you are using only HDMI, then ARC is the best path.

First off connect your TV to the amp directly by the use of any common optical cable. After that you can easily switch inputs on the amp and now see whether you can hear the sound or not. If not, then I think you should refer the manual for Audio output setting. Sometimes you may also need to start at the sources.