Thread: HDMI ARC is not working with LG HDTV + LG Blu-Ray player

HDMI ARC is not working with LG HDTV + LG Blu-Ray player

I am having a LG LHB976 Blu-ray Home Theater System as well as LG Infinia 42LV5400 LED HDTV and I have recently updated their firmware as well but then I have found that the HDMI Audio Return Channel is not working, I have checked it out and I have found that it is capable of transmitting audio and video from the receiver to the TV but then it is not working in the reverse scenario, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??

Re: HDMI ARC is not working with LG HDTV + LG Blu-Ray player

I am having a LG LHB976 Blu-ray Home Theater System as well as LG Infinia 42LV5400 LED HDTV and I have recently updated their firmware as well but then I have found that the HDMI Audio Return Channel is not working, I have checked it out and I have found that it is capable of transmitting audio and video from the receiver to the TV but then it is not working in the reverse scenario, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??
    I am not very sure about this but then just try to select ARC as the input source on the receiver and then see if it is working and making any difference, if you have not checked out the same by now then check it and then let me know what you get, also let me know the solutions that you have tried so far, so that I don’t suggest you the same as it would be just a waste of time.

I had not done that previously but then now when I have selected the ARC as the input source on the receiver then I have found that the sound is not reaching to the speakers from the tv,I have checked out the speakers and they are hooked well to the receiver, I don’t think that the solution is making any difference, as far as the solution I have tried so far is using Netflix and Amazon VOD applications on the TV and other than this I have also hooked Nintendo Wii to the TV with the help of composite A/V but then have got the same result, I think that the ARC should work well no matter what is the TV input, correct me if I am wrong?

I was having the same case earlier but then I just added an optical cable rather than using the ARC and then the issue was solved, if you want then you can try out the same, I have found a no of people recommending arc but then it was not working out for me and even I had tried out a no of solution with no success.

I am aware of the optical cable and I know it works but then it is my last option, I also wanted to share that I am having one more equipment which I am willing to hook up as well and it is having optical as well as analog output but then I was trying to find out a alternate solution to reserve the optical input and that is the reason that I was trying to get the ARC work. I just wanted to know if it is a common issue with the arc or what??

I was having the same case when I was trying to get the HDMI and ARC work with the Onkyo RC260 and the LG 55LW5600 and the below solution had fixed the issue:
    • First I had Turned on the ARC settings on TV
    • after that I had Disconnect other HDMI cables from Onkyo receiver
    • And then I had Reseted the Onkyo receiver
    • Later I Turned on the RIHD settings on Onkyo and also made the Power and Control set to "on"
    • Once I was done with all this, I just Hit simplink on TV and then got option like this "watch tv" and "speaker select"

so after selecting the "HT Speaker" I was able to get the sound, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you out or not.