Thread: What do you mean by Flicker Free Cinema 3D TV from LG

What do you mean by Flicker Free Cinema 3D TV from LG

I want to buy a good Cinema 3D TV. I heard that LG is offering the best of the best Cinema 3D TV which will give us a high end picture quality. Another good thing is it uses lightweight 3D glasses. But on the LG model it is described that it is “'flicker free”. I didn’t get it what it means? Does it mean that other 3D TVs have flickers?

Re: What do you mean by Flicker Free Cinema 3D TV from LG

I own a LG Cinema 3D TV. I have noticed that the image quality is much better than other brands. It really offers flicker free quality and crosstalk free quality. These are the main technologies from LG behind the screen. Other 3D TVs like Samsung and Panasonic are Actvie 3D tvs. These tvs uses shutter system technology. This kind of Tvs having problem with flickering and crosstalking. Flicker free 3D Tv means it is a passive 3D tv

Formerly there are lots of problems in seeing 3D content due to eye strain. But now it all resolved by the LG. The new LG Cinema 3D monitors will not suffer from dizziness or discomfort and it will reduces eyestrain, allowing for longer enjoyment of your 3D content. The technology of new Cinema 3D monitors allow you to convert your favorite movies and 2D content in 3D, making each experience unique and you can enjoy to the fullest.

The first 3D TV, Cinema 3D model LW5700, "Flicker Free" in the world, comes with 3D glasses or polarized glass as passive film (just as in the theater is plastic instead of glass) that requires no power and allow each eye to see a number of images, getting a sense of depth or higher quality 3D effect and better viewing. When I referred to "Flicker Free", I mean without blinking.

The Cinema 3D TV has LG Light Boost is a thin film that covers the screen and ensures 3D images crisp and full brightness even at maximum light, with SmartTV (Smart TV) Wi-Fi, DLNA, LED backlight and support DviX Plus HD. The TV also features Patterned Retarder Film Technology (FPR) which optimizes the separation of the images for the left and right eye, these images are paired with polarized 3D glasses CINEMA and create a unique 3D visualization.

Current lenses to see 3D TV generally run $ 120 and require batteries to be used. It is a technology that ultimately is extremely expensive and easy on the eyes by the weight of the glasses. This time, LG is introducing new glasses that resemble those you get when you see 3D in the cinema, lightweight, comfortable and about $ 20, this alternative is just what you need to make everyone in the family can see 3D at a time.

Despite the innovations that the TV has, there were an important point, is that the refresh rate of 120Hz LW5700 runs 420Hz instead of the conventional 3D televisions. This is something you will not notice watching 3D Rain Burgers, but feel it when playing Uncharted 3.

By looking at its specifications and features I can barely say that it is a Good 3D TV so far in the market. The technology seems to be very good for the movies and simply watching TV channels but for playing video game, I think that the experience is more competitive

Whatever the Technology comes, you still need a pair of 3D glasses to use the LG LW6500 and to get the better experience of 3D. But the flicker-free 3D is more comfortable. The weight is just 16 grams and the included 3D glasses have no electrical parts that need to be recharged. However the best thing I liked about these glasses is they are less expensive as compared to other models.