Thread: DVI to HDMI cable does not show full screen on monitor

DVI to HDMI cable does not show full screen on monitor

Currently my PC includes 2 DVI outputs. Right now I connected LCD monitor using DVI cable without any problems and I can get 1920x1080 image on the screen. Yesterday I have purchased DVI to HDMI cable. There was also a HDMI port on the monitor. So to use it I got this cable but when I connected them together I have noticed that the monitor is not showing the whole screen. It seems to me that from each side and the top and bottom a bit missing. The system is running Windows 7 and nvidia 460SE. I know that the system is capable to display 1920x1080 but not in my monitor.

Re: DVI to HDMI cable does not show full screen on monitor

Can you try a movie in 16:9 format on your 16:10 screen display? If the display is intelligent, it is the right and left insert bar to the 16:9 aspect ratio to the true being abused while the height. The behavior was so normal and wanted to use the HDMI input. Some monitors have also adjustable options, which you can specify how the image will be displayed. Have to look up once in the instructions, exactly like your screen with the "problem" deal.

HDMI and DVI is equally good. The advantage of HDMI is that you only one cable for video and audio needs. But I'm assuming that the photographic material has too low a resolution for the monitor and its scalability is not just the best. The monitors differ in the point of them significantly.

If you call from the OSD and go under Miscellaneous Monitor / Display mode, what is set there? Should be 1:1 for desktop operation. The setting has no meaning but usually, if the resolution is 1920 × on the computer 1200th Just as you describe it, but it sounds as if it is smaller.

Look also at times in the OSD Miscellaneous / Display information on what is being displayed. There should be 1920x1200 @ 60Hz. If this is not the case, there's something wrong with the setting of the graphics card is not quite right.

Standard HDMI cable is standard but with a maximum of 1920x1080 (1080p). Only when all components can at least HDMI 1.3, HDMI can even higher resolutions. Why now has a black band at the left edge, I cannot tell you, then yes you should have actually above or below a black stripe. Eventually, the devices agree on 1600x1200, which I had before. Perhaps it helps to use even a better HDMI cable, maybe even bring an adapter or video card does not even provide a solution.

Many graphics cards do support HDMI, but only up to a resolution of 1680x1050 (1080p).

Thus you have the problem on a 24 "monitor to display the picture completely.

Whether a change is made by NVidia and AMD on the graphics card drivers, but I doubt it, since it is standard HDMI resolutions.

If the monitor only has DVI / HDMI is connected, it should not do that. With analog (VGA / VGA), it may be that you still at the pixel clock and phase settings must change something (after auto adjust) to get a better picture. What you need to set still is, the pixel format of 4:4:4 although sRGB. Only then is the picture perfect. The rest has been said already summarized:
    • HDMI 2 input
    • HDMI 2 or PC configured as a computer on the TV menus (just scan and co)
    • Set overscan to 0% in the Control Center
    • And still just pixels format

1080i is the "native" resolution of the ALIS panels, because you cannot zoom. The internal scaler of the plasma would unnecessarily discard image information. Pull would be rather broad as possible because there is scaled anyway. But that probably no one need

Since the HDTV formats have been adopted as a 16:9 format that is probably the long end for super widescreen. HDMI and DVI use the same technology so that will make no difference. The advantage of HDMI is that noise can be sent through the same cable. But in this case is not applicable. 1306x768 is not HD resolution via VGA and you will also notice that the picture is worse (fuzzier). 720p is the highest that your TV can handle? Otherwise, you can still try to set higher resolutions.

For all those who have the same problem:

• ATI Catalyst Control Center including driver install (not just the driver, as I did at first)
    • Go into the Control Center (right-click the tray icon again and Catalyst Control Center)
    • Pull the full under the menu item DTV (DVI) 3 and Scaling Options bar to the overscan

During the draw bar of the image will get bigger and stronger and in the end it's perfect.