Thread: Monitor Flickering and goes blank When Playing Games

Monitor Flickering and goes blank When Playing Games

Hi,

I had Geforce 6200 graphics card in my computer. Now 2 weeks back i bought a new graphics card Geforce 6600 GT and got it installed in my CPU.

Whenever i am playing games on my PC after around 30-35 minutes the monitor starts flickering and then suddenly it goes blank (black screen), but the CPU is still running. This black out of screen happens at different timings for different games that i play (i think because it depends on the graphics of the game).

I am fed up of giving my CPU to the computer shop for repair. They always do something to my CPU so that i return to their shop for giving them business.
    Can someone help me with this issue ? Someone who can tell me steps to solve this problem ?

I have searched TechArena for this problem. I seen some people writing about overclocking of the graphics card, others saying that you have to disable some option in Nvidia Control Panel, etc.. but i need to know what is the problem that i am experiencing and what steps can be taken to solve it.

Thanks.

Re: Monitor Flickering and goes blank When Playing Games

I cant say the exact cause of this problem but probably it seems overheating problem. I can say this because as you said screen black out usually after 20 to 30 minutes of playing...till than your new graphic card gets overheated. Their is no problem with the CPU and you dont need to take it for repair. For more help on this you should check out http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1431142.htm and this.

Re: Monitor Flickering and goes blank When Playing Games

I am really surprised, those GPU's are ancient. Where did you get them? Secondly this could be a problem with you switchboard or plug too.