Thread: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 is getting overheated

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 is getting overheated

I have recently bought Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 and I have found that it is getting overheated, I have used furmark to make a banchmark test but then I have found that this program is making the temp to reach 90c, I don’t know why is it going so, I have also used the MSI afterburner and after performing the test I have found that it is showing 78c when I was playing game on high settings, I don’t think that this can be ignored so is there a way to control it??

Re: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 is getting overheated

I have recently bought Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 and I have found that it is getting overheated, I have used furmark to make a banchmark test but then I have found that this program is making the temp to reach 90c, I don’t know why is it going so, I have also used the MSI afterburner and after performing the test I have found that it is showing 78c when I was playing game on high settings, I don’t think that this can be ignored so is there a way to control it??

I have checked out the fan and I have cleaned it as well and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the fan and it is just working fine, I have set it to auto, is there any other solution that I can try out to solve the issue??

I think that there is no problem with the system and I don’t suspect that it is getting overheated as well, I think that the temp that you are getting is because of the program that you are running and the fan is not able to cope up with the same, have you faced the same overheating problem with the other processes?? Rather than the above program that you have mentioned. Even I have playing games and I have hardly found some games that are reaching such high temps. If you want then you can try out to use the GPU-Z or even ATI's CCC panel in order to check what idle temperature you are getting? In my case I am having 4890 and the idle that I get is 60 idle but it has reached to 87 when it was on full load.

Yes even I think that issue is just because of the program and it is not some kind of overheating problem, I am saying this because even I am using Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 and I have used 3Dmark vantage as well and the highest temp that I have noticed is 75C when the fan was on auto, where as you have received the nearby when you made a test with the MSI after burner. So I don’t think that there is something to worry about the same.

Hey I have found some solutions to have a better cooling, you can find some solutions that you can try out to reduce the temp that you are getting, just take a look at the below thread and see if it helps:

Yes these things can be tried out, anyways I have just now made a test with the CCC and I have found that the reading that I have got with it is similar to that of the afterburner and I think that it is really disappointing, I have also tried to overclock the video card with the help of the afterburner but then they were not making much difference, The thing that I have found is making the idle temp higher are core clock and the memory clock when they are raised, I was getting a ideal temp of 46c previously but then now I am getting temp as 55C.