Thread: Oldest card is hotter than newer card in MSI gtx 560ti Hawk

Oldest card is hotter than newer card in MSI gtx 560ti Hawk

I have installed windows 7 on my PC and using MSI GTX 560ti graphic card on my computer and I have recently set second new hawk for my SLI set up but from last few days I am facing some problem , I have place both the card in the middle position , the oldest hawk on the top slot following the newer hawk on the ,bottom card is cooler than top card with 10-15ºC but the the fan on the oldest card getting hotter, to solve this problem I have swapped both the cards and now the newer which is at the bottom is just 5-8º cooler than the oldest card which is now at the top, but now the problem is fans on the older card are still rotating at 10 – 15% faster than those of the newer card and also rotating with the making more noise, in simple words the oldest card is hotter and noiser than the newer card , I just want to know that whether this problem is related with the bios, if yes then how can I check the fan profiles for each bios. Please help me.

Re: Oldest card is hotter than newer card in MSI gtx 560ti Hawk

I think this problem is caused because may be you have not uninstall the previous install Nvidia driver if you have nnot done this then just first take out your newer hawk from your setup and then uninstall the drivers of Nvidia and then try to install the newer card on your pc.

You just take out your newest hawk from your pc after that try to flash your oldest card , you can easily do this by selecting flash.bat after doing this reboot your computer and turn it off ,then you can add your newer card in your pc case. And note that before proceeding this process try to close all your application that are running on your pc otherwixe it will cause interruption , hope so this will solve your problem.

you first just try to reinstall the driver and if this not worked for you then I think you should replace your oldest hawk because it seems to besome hardware fault with your oldest hawk and if you used both the newest card on your pc then this will give you a good performance as I am using the two msi gtx 560ti on my pc case , I have no problem with any of the hawk I can put any card on top or bottom , my top card is just 4-5ºC hotter than the bottom one and rotating just 4-5% faster than the other one.

I am using the MSI afterburner to adjust the fan speed and I think you should use the same to adjust the fan speed of your oldest hawk and once you it, then obviously it will decrease the noise of the fan and if this will not solve your problem then you should contact MSI .