Thread: MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GPU freezes the game and computer

MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GPU freezes the game and computer

I have purchased this MSI graphic card N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC . initially it worked fine with my pc but later it started freezing my game(battle field 3). I had to call task manager in order to manage this. i also used to get pop-up like your drivers are not responding etc. later it started freezing my whole system. I thought this would be the power supply problem and changed it to more powerful PSU but then it again started showing the same problem. I even tried my graphic card on my friend’s pc. there also I got the same problem? What is wrong with my graphic card? I even tried other drivers of same series but to no success

Re: MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GPU freezes the game and computer

It can’t be the PSU problem as I have heard lot of people with the same problem with the battle field 3. It looks like the game has something like bug that keeps on crashing the game and freeze your pc. if this is really an issue then I think they will release the update for it. you should wait for the update on this problem . I have also found the people had problem with this game but resolve it after overclocking the vBIOS. May be this could solve your problem. Do post your reply here if you succeed.

I had used the afterburner to set my clocks, which also removed my freeze away. But I was not sure if I have solved it as problem can occur any time. So I followed your way and flashed my BIOS. After that it looked like I have solved but while playing the another game it crashed again. Only difference was that it remained fine for some time and then it crashed. Only version changed but don’t see any changes in clock speed.
    So I guess I will go for the afterburner to set my clocks to the referenced one (772/2004/1544). I will keep this setting till I get the problem again.

I had the same problem with crysis game. I would get the error like “driver stopped working and has recovered”. Someone told me that this can’t be solved using the bootable cd and you need to flash the bios from usb. I also tried the updating the vBIOS but it didn’t solved the issue. I think that increasing the voltage is the only solution .

Hey guys if you are still testing then I would suggest that use afterburner to set the clocks and the voltage and then go for updating the vBIOS. Keep this option as a last option. By the way I used the vBios Tuner from official website of msi to increase the voltage and I haven’t got any problem yet. I have been playing this game for 2 days and haven’t got any sign of error

Guys I have increased the voltage upto the 1075mv with the clock 800/2048/1600 and still haven’t got the problem. i am playing battle arena 3 without any freeze or blackouts.I hope this remains for ever and shows no problem again.The maximum voltage limit is 1100-1500 so you can try this but I am not going to test it any further if i get problem again as i may damage my card in process.If you are afraid of losing the warranty then please don’t try this.