Thread: Getting HDCP error with apple tv 2 and Samsung TV

Getting HDCP error with apple tv 2 and Samsung TV

I am having a Samsung TV and I am having a hdcp compliant TV and cables and cables as well and I am using Samsung TV and a apple tv 2 but then the problem that I am facing with them is that I am getting a HDCP error, I don’t have much knowledge about the same, so is there anyone who can help me out to get rid of this error?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting HDCP error with apple tv 2 and Samsung TV

I am having a Samsung TV and I am having a hdcp compliant TV and cables and cables as well and I am using Samsung TV and a apple tv 2 but then the problem that I am facing with them is that I am getting a HDCP error, I don’t have much knowledge about the same, so is there anyone who can help me out to get rid of this error?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to first try out the below basic solutions:
    • Update the firmware of both the tv
    • If that does not work then reset/unplugged both the tv

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not, other thing that I wanted to know is that are you just getting the HDCP error?? Or you have faced some other errors as well.

I have tried updating the firmware of both the tv but then it was not making any difference and I have also tried to reset/unplug the tv’s as well but even that process did not helped, is there any other workaround that I can try out to get rid of this issue??

I was facing the same problem before but then I am not very sure if you are having this problem because of the same cause, in my case I had used a different hdmi cable and I had to push it into the port of the tv to make them fit well, I had also made sure that the position of the tv stays well and there are no chances of the cable getting loose and so, I mean that the hdmi cables are heavy as well so they have found to be resulting in loose connection, I was able to solve the problem by the above method, so of you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you or not. Best of luck.

Yes I have also solved my same problem with the Philips HDTV using HDMI 1.3 cable, actually in my case I had not checked out it earlier that my tv was not TV HDCP version 1.3 compatible and it was version 1.3 HDMI compatible, so just check it out and see if you are having the same case, if not then also you can try out the hdmi cable, as the above one out the same and has solved the issue as well.

I had a different case but then the same problem actually I had upgraded to 4.2.1 and since after that I was getting the HDCP error with apple tv 2 and I had tried out a no of solution to solve the issue, but then none of them worked and I finally took the tv to the apple store and then they problem was finally solved by getting the an atv with 4.1, actually I had tried out downgrading to 4.1 but then it was not possible after getting upgraded to 4.2.1, I think that you might be having the same case if you have started facing the error message after upgrading to 4.2.1.

I had a different case but then the same problem actually I had upgraded to 4.2.1 and since after that I was getting the HDCP error with apple tv 2 and I had tried out a no of solution to solve the issue, but then none of them worked and I finally took the tv to the apple store and then they problem was finally solved by getting the an atv with 4.1, actually I had tried out downgrading to 4.1 but then it was not possible after getting upgraded to 4.2.1, I think that you might be having the same case if you have started facing the error message after upgrading to 4.2.1.
    Yes even I think that there is something wrong with the latest Firmware update, I mean even I have been using AppleTV 2 and I have also watched a no of Netflix movies and I did not had any problem but then just after updating to the latest Firmware which was 4.2.1 I guess, I had started facing the HDCP errors, it should say that the HDMI connection that I am having is not compatible and so, I had never faced the same error from 6 months using the same cable, it all started after the Firmware update, I have been trying to downgrade to the previous version as well but then as you said it does not seems to be possible, I will contact the apple store and will ask them for an atv with 4.1, I really wish that this firmware issue get solved soon.

I think that I have a solution for you all, just perform the below task:
    • First go in to the Settings if the apple tv and then enter the general settings and then choose the reset option
    • While resetting all Settings just make sure that you are not clicking on the Restore, because if you will do so then it will again update the tv with the latest firmware automatically
    • After that you will have to re-enter login/password/wireless info etc and after that it will work fine without any problem.

Just try it out and then let me know if you have any problem with the solution. I think that this solution will probably solve the issue without any further issues.

Hey guys I have solved the issue using the hdmi cable now, the problem in my case was that I was having Amazon Basics cable and it supported hdcp but then now I have bought a hdmi 1.4 cable and I am not getting any problem with the Apple TV as well as the Samsung tv, I have not yet tried out the above solution but then just want to know if it is working with you as or well, I mean that if it works then even I will try out the same to avoid such further firmware issues, anyways thanks to you all for your solution so far, I really appreciate your help.

Guys I just wanted to share that do not upgrade to the new iOS 4.3 beta as well for the apple TV because I have tried out the same yesterday and was facing the same error, I have now solved the issue after using the above solution and I am thankful for that as well.