Thread: Using Apple TV 2 leads to Home Sharing drop

Using Apple TV 2 leads to Home Sharing drop

I have recently did the update for the ATV2 (4.2) and after completing that, I found that there is a drop in the Home Sharing. Actually whenever I try to stream the videos from my computer with the help of the ipad remote app then I found that it starts and after that it stops again. I am only using the ATV, music, photos, YouTube, movies and all these are working well but there is only problem while streaming. Can you tell me that what can be the problem with this and hoe can this problem be solved. If you have any suggestions that can help me then please reply back.

Re: Using Apple TV 2 leads to Home Sharing drop

I was searching for the same and found that for many of the people who find that the Airplaying worked for them and you can also try with that. I have not tried this personally but if it worked for other people then it will also do the same for you as well.

I am using the wireless only and that is working without any trouble. I have never tried with the ethernet connection so it will be better for you if you try with the wireless connection. Actually these issue is to be with the wireless connection but this time it is working opposite and wired connection is having problem with that.

Are you using the Intego VirusBarrier 6 in your computer. I am asking this because once I was also having the same problem and the culprit for this was Intego VirusBarrier 6. So what you can do is, just add the IP addresses for Apple TV2s into the trusted list and after that you will find that working without any problem. I hope that this will be helpful for you. Please do this and let us know that if you have any further problem after this.

What you can do is, just turn off the Time Machine and see if you are getting the same problem after this also. If none of the solutions helps you then you can also try by resetting the ATV 2 to its default settings and see if that solves the problem for you.

I think that there is some problem with the network that you are using a nd for that reason you are facing the issues like this. so what you can do is, reset the network and do all the connection again to see if that solves the problem for you.