Thread: Not getting Gateway Ping to connect Samsung SERIES 7 LED TV with Wireless LAN Adapter

Not getting Gateway Ping to connect Samsung SERIES 7 LED TV with Wireless LAN Adapter

Hello friends, i am having the Samsung SERIES 7 LED TV and i have set up the Wireless LAN Adapter manually and also i have connected it with the Apple Time Capsule/Airport. When i was trying to do it automatically then it was not working for me, so i have done it manually. When i was doing manually then first two steps has worked properly, but when the third steps comes then i was getting X on the Gateway Ping rest the MAC address, IP Address, Subnet, Gateway, DNS Server have been worked, but the Gateway Ping has not worked and i am also using the WEP password. I think i might have done something wrong with the setup, so can you people help me with this and also tell me method to connect. Thank you.

Re: Not getting Gateway Ping to connect Samsung SERIES 7 LED TV with Wireless LAN Adapter

I wanted to let you know that you might not be able to get the connection with AirPort Express and the WEP security. If you do some changes, such as try to change the security type to the WPA or WPA2, and give a try to connect with the TV. If then also it is not working then you can contact the Apple for some support, whereas if you call the Samsung then you might not get any help as they do not help with the third party devices. I would suggest that you do some of the changes in the Apple Time Airport and if you need some help in that then you can call the Apple Customer Care or even you can visit the Apple official website, over the you might get some sort of the information and it will be helpful to you.

Re: Not getting Gateway Ping to connect Samsung SERIES 7 LED TV with Wireless LAN Adapter

Try to reset the Apple Time Airport and you will be able to get it to no password, so when you get it then you might get the list of the LAN adapter which might be connected, but you will be told to change the settings to the bridge mode, so you better do it. When you are done with the changes then you do restart the airport with no password protection , and when you will do it, then it will work for you for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeryjon View Post
    Try to reset the Apple Time Airport and you will be able to get it to no password, so when you get it then you might get the list of the LAN adapter which might be connected, but you will be told to change the settings to the bridge mode, so you better do it. When you are done with the changes then you do restart the airport with no password protection , and when you will do it, then it will work for you for sure.
    I have tried the method which you have told me and it has really worked for me, but when WPA/WPA2 password to it then the TV is not been connected with the LAN, so please help me with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TeesMaar View Post
    I have tried the method which you have told me and it has really worked for me, but when WPA/WPA2 password to it then the TV is not been connected with the LAN, so please help me with this problem.
    I think that the encryption of router enable, so you can disable it and try it working the same thing then it will work. I have tried for my TV and it has worked, i have called the Samsung Tech Support and asked them then they have told the Samsung TV does not worked with the encrypted Router, so i have to diable it on my router and after that it has worked for me. So i would sugggest you do the same thing ad it work for you.

I am also getting same sort of the problem with my Samsung HT BD 1250 and Samsung WIS09ABGN USB based wireless LAN adapter, so tell me what to do with these, i have recently purchased the home theater and i wanted to be connected, should i work the same method which the other user have told to do with the problem of the TV. Please help me.

You can try to do the same thing of the encryption of the router, it might help you and also i think it is the common problem which is been occurring with Samsung devices, all the devices are not supporting the encrypted router for the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by RICKYb View Post
    I am also getting same sort of the problem with my Samsung HT BD 1250 and Samsung WIS09ABGN USB based wireless LAN adapter, so tell me what to do with these, i have recently purchased the home theater and i wanted to be connected, should i work the same method which the other user have told to do with the problem of the TV. Please help me.
    I was also trying the connection of the Samsung HT BD1250 home theater system and was not able to get the connection, so i have called the Samsung Techincal Support team and asked them to help me, so they have told me to do some changes and then it will worked for me. The changes which are to be done was that i have disable the firewall on my router and also to change the wireless channel to 11, one more thing i have to turn off WAN Ping Blocking, when i done all these changes then i was able to connect. So i would suggest that you to do the same thing and you will be able to work.

I think that the Samsung devices are been not secure enough due to which it is showing problem to connect with the router, i have to disable the firewall of the router, then i was able to connect the TV with the router, the Samsung should make devices which are been detected with the encrypted devices.

You have to stop the firewall of the router and then you try it to connect, this is the only solution which works and also you will be able to work for your TV, so you better do it.