Thread: Samsung Ultra Slim Wall Mount Package (WMN-1000B) screws too short

Samsung Ultra Slim Wall Mount Package (WMN-1000B) screws too short

I am having a Samsung 50 inches Plasma TV PN50B850Y1F and someone recommend me to go for Wall mount to Install TV. So, along with the Plasma TV we have purchased the Ultra Slim Wall Mount Package (WMN-1000B).
    I am now facing problem in screwing the Disk. It is too short, while screwing the Disk there is hardly any of the Screw left.
    Are the screws too short for my Samsung Plasma TV PN50B850Y1F? I don’t mind buying the long screws but after spending $250 it is not convincing to me.
    Any more with the same problem. Please let me know?

Re: Samsung Ultra Slim Wall Mount Package (WMN-1000B) screws too short

I am having Samsung 50” Plasma TV mounted on Samsung’s WMN-1000B. Samsung Wall Mount you are using for your 50 inches Plasma TV is very good option to go with. I faced no problem in installing the TV with the WMN-1000B. The screws were just fine. Yes, I do agree with you that if you have spent such a price for your TV. Then it should be worth it.
    You can call up the Samsung for this problem. May be the Wall mount is not compatible for your PN50B850Y1F TV. Let me know if you have spoken up with the Samsung Representative.

You can check out the Manual book provided with the Ultra Slim Wall Mount Package (WMN-1000B). There they must have given about the compatibility of WMN-1000B with the Samsung’s different model TV. There must be any guide about how to fix up your 50” plasma with short screws. Check out the Manual book to get review whether the screws are compatible to your Samsung PN50B850Y1F.

The screws that come with WMN-1000B are short for the TV panels. there is nothing wrong in with the screws. The screws that are to be fixed on the Disk of the TV are short, while that of the wall disk it is long. The four short screws (silver) are for the TV Disks and two long screws (black) are for the wall Disks. Hope this help to solve your doubt.

If it is your first time to install the wall mount take the help of the Expert because the wall mounts are not adjustable at the end. At least two people are required for this.

I was also facing the same problem. Then I spoke Samsung person and they provided me with the technician. The problem was not the short screws. Instead, I was unable to attach the screws with the Disks. The Samsung technician in no time Installed the wall mount and my 50” Plasma TV. Now it looks like Wall Art. The Ultra Slim Wall Mount Package (WMN-1000B) is very sturdy; the spacers for extra space, the metal stand can be adjusted for any cable connections are all just amazing.
    I would recommend taking the help of the Technician from the Samsung.