Thread: Getting BSOD after installing driver for Intel HD Graphics 3000

Getting BSOD after installing driver for Intel HD Graphics 3000

I am having the following:
    • CPU/graphics: i5-2500k (HD Graphics 3000)
    • Motherboard: ASRock H67M-ITX/HT
    • Boot disk: Intel X25-M SSD

I am getting the BSOD during boot up after installing driver for Intel HD Graphics 3000, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it can help me out as well?

Re: Getting BSOD after installing driver for Intel HD Graphics 3000

I was having the same problem before but then I was able to solve the issue after installing windows without UEFI, if you have installed the windows 7 in UEFI mode then just try installing it again without the UEFI mode and see if the problem is getting solved or not, it had worked out for me so I think that it will help you out as well.Best of luck.

Hey thanks for that but then I am not sure if I will be able to install the windows without UEFI, I mean that as per my Basic system settings I will have to install with the "UEFI SETUP UTILITY". I am not able to get a way to select the UEFI or not but then I have found the below thing:
    Choose the item “UEFI:xxx“ to boot in UEFI Setup Utility > Boot > Boot Option #1.
    (“xxx” is the device which contains your Windows installation files. Normally it is an optical drive.)
    You can also press <F11> to launch boot menu at system POST and choose the item “UEFI:xxx“ to boot

While I was booting with the Windows install files, I just wanted to know that is there a way to find out whether I am in the UEFI mode or not?? Any further help will be appreciated.

I am having the same problem with the core i3 HD 2k graphic drivers and I have also contacted the msi support and they said that the problem might be due to the hardware and not any kind of software issue but then I am not that sure about the same as I have found a no of people saying that this is some kind of problem with the software. I have tried installing the windows 7 in the UEFI and without the UEFI mode as well but then it is not making any difference in my case. Is there any other workaround that I can try out the same?

Yes this is some kind of software issue and I am very sure about the same because I was having the same problem and even I had tried out installing with and without UEFI as well and it did not worked for me as well but then later I installed SP1 and then the problem was solved. So if the same is possible for you then I will suggest you to switch to the same and get all the updates as well and make sure that you install the VGA driver, I have done the same and I am not having any such problem now.

I don’t know about the sp1 because I have tried out the same, I was having the same problem and now I have solved it out by installing windows 7 with MBR. If you want then you can try out the same and I also wanted to add that if you are having ASROCK M/B then just turn on your computer and after that press f11 and after that you will get AHCI: DVD and UEFI: DVD in the list so here you will have to select the AHCI: DVD in order to boot from the install disk. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you as well.

I don’t know the issue can be solved by the above method but then I was facing the same problem and even I am having ASRock H67M mATX / i5-2400 / SATA III Seagate / Win7 Pro 64-bit. The problem started after I had installed the Intel HD Graphics 3000, I mean that even I was getting the blue screen after installing it. I had not tried out the above solution as my system was new and I had sent it to the service center and I have received a new one last week and now I am not having any problem even after installing the driver for Intel HD Graphics 3000.