Thread: Sony Bravia HX-823 does not recognizes external 1TB HDD

Sony Bravia HX-823 does not recognizes external 1TB HDD

i recently purchased the Bravia HX-823 a\nd amazed by its high quality pictures. recently I made a registration of the FAT32 HDD on the TV. I then de-registered it after i realized it only recorded digital TV. but the problem i am facing is that no PC will recognize the HDD, and it will have a huge cost . i am unable to fix it. could you provide some suggestions regarding it.

Re: Sony Bravia HX-823 does not recognizes external 1TB HDD

i can assume here, in this case that there will be the drive present in "my computer", and in its current state (FAT32) you should be able to see it there. i can state further that you should try for right clicking on it and then later have a re format of it back to NTFS.it would be crazy to think the drive is wasted as there will be a lone working in FAT32 on the tv.

thanks for the solution but the problem persists and i am not able to see the drive under My Computer. i also made a connection of being powered on as well. i made an attempt for the same on my laptop and it doesn't appear there either. i want some further explanation in this topic.

i think there may be problems relating during the registration and un-registration. there may be problems associated with files allocation table on the boot sector - of your HDD but i don't think there is some issue with your hard disk . i can state further, If that what happened with you, then you will be not able to see the HDD listed in windows explorer. you require a fix file allocation table where you will find many software's available there. you can make use of GetData back / or HDD re generator software which will solve the problem in an easy manner. give your feedback if you are positively going right.

i found another way on some sites and according to it i will state some steps to resolve your problem. initially, go to start, right click on my computer, click on the manage icon , then disk management, and you will find it there, then it will say that you can delete the partitions on it and after the procedure re partition and format to NTFS. you will get some hint or clue after this.

I am of the similar problem which was faced by the one in the starting. in my case, my hdd is not able to show up at all in disc management. Its extremely infuriating that this occurs to a hdd at the time of making use with sony bravia's. if someone has an idea on the way so that I can sort it out if the disc management thing is not able to work?thanks.