Thread: Getting dark vertical lines in Sony Bravia HX923

Getting dark vertical lines in Sony Bravia HX923

This is really annoying problem i have seen on my tv and found that many people who are using sony tv getting this problem, i also seen this problem on LG tv, i get the full refund for that as i get that from the local store. but for this sony tv i really dont know what can i do. anyone here have any solution or ever experience this problem? please provide me some solution if anyone found.

Re: Getting dark vertical lines in Sony Bravia HX923

yes, i also heard about this on many forums and i talk to sony and they are not concern about this. me too using one tv of sony which is of £3000, and if i ever found any fault in my tv that i will directly put it for the replacement. i just hope sony will fix this Quality Control issue as this is really great tv by sony, which is now a day let down because of this fault.

i just get sony 55 hx923 on Sunday and after few days, i mean in 3 days i saw some darker creases on the screen at the both left and right side. now come on sony, its just a 3 day spent and this problem take place. i really dont know how this is possible with sony. i immediately decided to contact sony for replacement and for this i call sony and tell them about the fault i am getting. in meantime i try to search for the solution, but i just found that many people have this problem and very rear solution for this. now after all this issues and after reading about this, i just decided to take refund for this. i really now not any more interested to go with sony anymore. i will choose some other brand like samsung or LG or any other but now no sony.

i have just newly preorder the sony KDL-55HX923 tv from my local sony centre which is not arrive yet but i am just worried about the report i have heard, there are lots of sets in europe being shipped to customers with lots of faults. i dont know than also many people asking for the sony tv sets. i just read one post where one guy asking fot the availability of sets in UK. he said that there are no sony tv sets available in UK and they are pre-order this sets from outside. so here two thing i just want to say is: sony sets do exist in UK and another thing is, if there are any fault regarding any sets than just come forward and let customer know about the current situation.

this is first time i have purchase this much costly set by sony just because of its quality and longevity as per the previous report. and if i am talk about the fault than this true that sony have to give some response for this, if this is manufacturing issue than sony have to accept this and have give suitable reply instead of saying people using CGI to make these images of sets with faults.

i have received my sony 46HX923 on last monday and i am getting lots of horizontal dark lines on it. i first thought its my cable connection problem so that i call my dish tv provider and he tell me that this is not problem with cable dish, its problem with my TV. i just shocked for some time, i said how this is possible because i just newly bought this tv and how come this possible with TV. after that i just call to sony local store from where i have bought this tv and tell him to replace the tv or otherwise give me the refund.

once i talk with my set provider, that is my local sony store person and ask about the fault, than he just replied me that, its not fault, the problem is with your settings. i dont know how this is possible. because i cant do any changes after that technical guy set my tv. and i actually really not understand anything about the setting so how i can change the settings. than he said sir, you just dont worry, our technical person came and solve your problem. and actually he is right, sony person came and sort out the problem in just 10 mins. i dont know how and what changes he made in my tv, but my problem is solve.

wow, thats actually really good news for you. if this is true than i also need to call them. but i dont know why, but whenever i call sony its always giving me busy message. i think now i have to meet them personally. and if they solve my problem than its really good.

yes you are right, actually i thing he just update your firmware, thats it. i am not sure but, i heard that this is also one problem which occur in this case. i see many problem in sony and mostly the problem is because of firmware update. and one more thing is after firmware update if its giving you any problem that just try factory reset once. and your problem is solve. this is what i have read so far about sony tv. i never try this, but if you feel comfortable than just try and see the result.

there are some threads i have found with similar problem with different models of sony. just look at this, if this will help you to solve the problem.