Thread: Sony KDL40W5500 TV and EA1750 firmware

Sony KDL40W5500 TV and EA1750 firmware

HI is there anybody over here tried the firmware i have mentioned with their respective TV’s? as i have mentioned like i am having Sony KDL40W5500 TV and in that I have installed this EA1750 firmware but since i have done this i am just having problems only.

In other words I would say subsequent to upgrading with new firmware EA1750, i am not able to change program in DTV mode, and the worst thing is like for 2 seconds there is no signal and the message "NO SIGNAL" on screen come into view. I think this should be some problem with the firmware that i have updated in the TV itself, isn’t it? Any suggestion?

Re: Sony KDL40W5500 TV and EA1750 firmware

Before installing this newer firmware in the TV were you sure as this firmware update is meant for this TV itself? I mean to say it might be possible like there could be some problem with the firmware because it is not exactly meant for your TV.

Anyways according to me now first of all you should try to contact the sony tech support first and confirmed about this first so that you can have better idea. And obviously if there will be some another problem then also you will surely get some sort of solution from their end.

Once I was also having the similar problem with my TV and at that time i were recommended to perform a retune on my set and after doing that everything were fine once again. Thus you must have understood what you have to done, and after doing that do mentioned it over here though it does helpful.

Once I was also having the similar problem with my TV and at that time I were recommended to perform a retune on my set and after doing that everything were fine once again. Thus, you must have understood what you have to done, and after doing that do mentioned it over here though it does helpful.
    I have already tried this with my TV but still nothing seems to be working as i am constantly getting the same message on the screen that “NO SIGNAL”. I am not being acquainted with it as if other people also having the identical difficulty with this or other mode, but I am quite certain that is a common bug of the new firmware, anyways thanks for the suggestion…but still is there any more left?

first of all let me know as are you using freeview, because if so then you need to first verify signal strength of your aerial, in other words i would say you should discover that in set up/digital set up/technical set up then system information, there you will observe signal quality and signal level.

And the both i have mentioned should be high if not it may be time for a new aerial because it seems like surely there is some problem with it only. we may be off the beaten track though, as your question was a little indistinct. Anyways if the above mentioned solution couldn’t helped you then it would be better if you give us more detail of the problem for further assistance.

Have you tried restoring to the default settings ever? If not then you should first do that and then see whether the same thing happens or not. or else it would be better if you downgrade the firmware version in your TV and let the tech support team gets some solution for this problem.

EA1750 firmware on KDL-40W5500 I have KDL-40W5500 - where do you get latest firmware software for the TV?

will the lastest firmware update allow me access more websites on the internet via the TV?

When I click on the link

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...W_Bravia1741EA

Last update for the firmware was 14/07/2010 is their a later version?

Thanks