Thread: Multiline screen fault in Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 TV

Multiline screen fault in Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 TV

i have Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 TV and i am using this from last 3 to 4 years, but now i dont know why this is giving me some screen fault. i am getting multi colored lines on screen and cant see the picture properly. i have searched for this on many forums but cant get any solution about this. on some other forum i found one thread with screen fault problem but that is bit different and the model is also different. anyway, so anyone help me in this? anyone know what causing me in this? anyone else have this problem and have any solution for this?

Re: Multiline screen fault in Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 TV

i too have same problem and search on many other forums too, but cant get any solution. at one post someone suggest to replace the whole panel, but this is quite costly. this is actually common issue but yet no solution for this.

i found many people may be more than 50 people have the same problem and many of them reported for the same to sony, but sony simply replies that they are not aware of this problem. so i dont know who will help to solve this issue.

ya thats true, sony not ready to accept that this is manufacturing mistake, he just saying i dont know anything. i am somewhat lucky here, because i have 5 years of warranty and i get this problem after 2.5yr. so i just going to swap it without any replacement or anything else.

i also have Sony KDL-32D3000 which manufactured in july 2007 and came across this fault 4 month ago. i just need to replace Tcon board at a total cost of £200. for this purpose, i have just talk to local Sony Centre, who inform me to contact sony directly, because that center not related to sony. and this is completly wasting of time, that i call to sony and he tell me to contact the store from where i have bought this. The distributor paid for the repair under the Sale of Goods act.

i have give my Bravia tv to customer service and its may be 2 months gone but yet cant get any reply from there side. i am still waiting for my tv, if they not fix my problem shortly than i will tell them to give another tv. just replace the tv.

i got this problem from last few days and and on some forum one guy suggest to update the firmware and actually that solve my problem. so i must say you also go with the firmware update and check if this will help to solve you multicolor line problem.

Here i have found some solution, which may be helpful. i know its a different model and different manufacturing time, but just go through this thread and see if this help you in you problem anyhow.

I am one of those affected by this problem. This afternoon my Sony KDL-32D3000 has the phenomenon of vertical colored lines completely block the view. The thing is that I bought this model in 2007 on the month of September. Just saw the date of manufacture is 06/2007. this is my biggest let down from Sony, I'll never buy another TV of this brand.

Quote Originally Posted by ElroyDJ View Post
    i have Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 TV and i am using this from last 3 to 4 years, but now i dont know why this is giving me some screen fault. i am getting multi colored lines on screen and cant see the picture properly. i have searched for this on many forums but cant get any solution about this. on some other forum i found one thread with screen fault problem but that is bit different and the model is also different. anyway, so anyone help me in this? anyone know what causing me in this? anyone else have this problem and have any solution for this?
    The vertical lines suddenly appeared on my Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000 (05/2007) about a week ago.
    I've replaced the T-con Board and my set works fine again.

This little PCB is about the size of a postcard, replacing it is very easy allmost anyone can do this.

Good luck!