Thread: is life of sony LCD screen only 2 years

is life of sony LCD screen only 2 years

My screen of Sony bravia KDL 40W 4500 is going and I am very irritated because I bought it only 2 years back and when I called to customer care department they were not ready to contribute the cost or replacement. I am very unimpressed with Sony. As I was using Sony product from many year and after this it’s sure that I will never get any Sony product.

Re: is life of sony LCD screen only 2 years

It’s really unfair that a company like Sony is not giving any guarantee or warranty for a product like TV which is just used for 2 years and cost so high. The minimum warrantee by company should be providing of 5 years. According to me you should call to customer service department once more and try to convene harder. Don’t take decision so fast at the end you will face loss.

I bought my Sony bravia three years back but mine is still working fine it never had any problem nor LCD problem so I don’t think that the LCD life of Sony is only two years.

Before contacting customer service department get check with the local engineer what the exact problem is with your TV. There may be change that the problem is very small which can sort out by local engineer be in very low cost. And also will know the exact problem so you can explain the service department very properly and hope they may give you some consetion.

Ask for extended warrantee from the shop you have bought your TV if he gives you a extended warrantee then your TV would be repaired for free.

I will not say that the screen life of Sony LCD screen is only two years because mine worked 3 years and 8 month till last month and after that I noticed that my screen had some line coming over it for some period and then disappear I contact to the shop from where I had bought my TV he provide me with the costumer service number.
    Then the engineer from local service department came and checked TV and told me that my LVD screen was gone he bought new screen and fixed up it just took 5 days to fix my TV.

The major problem is with Sony screens and it’s a rare problem that a good customer service response would be apologies and fix the problem quickly.

For first 4-5 days I thought that it was connection problem there where many black spot and some lines were coming then I called a local engineer he checked and told me that LCD is going so fix the problem as soon as possible also when I explain my screen problem to one of the customer service department he told that it is screen problem.
    And after requesting for contribution on cost I spoke to shop owner from where I had bought my TV for extended guarantee he straight away said no which was very much annoying to me.

I have changed screen of my Sony bravia 40W and its cost similar to the cost of the TV so I will suggest you to get new TV instead of repairing it if your TV is not in guarantee.

Even I had Sony bravia 40w 2.5 years old and had same screen problem. I had send TV for repair at last month and not yet received. 2 day ago when I called them they said that it will take a more week. Hope they fix the entire problem by the week because I am addicted to watching TV a lot and I am missing all my favorite serials and I also don’t have an alternate TV to watch.

Even I made a big mistake of purchased Sony bravia TV 1 year ago because 2 months back the fault start developing on my screen there were three black spot and some horizontal lines on my TV which get’s disappear when I restart my TV . But now it has stop now after reading this comment I will surely contact Sony customer care before my guarantee period expires.