Thread: HDMI Pass Through unable to work.

HDMI Pass Through unable to work.

i have a home receiver of Pioneer VSX-521 and making attempt to make use of HTPC with it. to make the connection possible i have the computer plugged into the blu-ray HDMI in, and the HDMI out going to projector afterward. but while doing thsi, i came across my screen flickering a little after i turn my system on. however there is a indication of signal being detected, but the problem continues to appear. i don't have any idea about this topic. could you help me . are there some possible solutions for it. please provide if anyone knows.

Re: HDMI Pass Through unable to work.

the first thing i should say is that there are similar types of problems due to the wrong functioning of the video card . you should possibly check the video card before doing this and insert it correctly if not installed properly. apart from this, there are problems concerning the mode of the tv. have a check and set it properly.

the other thing which might concern the problem could its resolution issue. if you have a 720p resolution or above it there could be no problems regarding it. again to conclude further, if you are not concerning with the resolution then open the Nvidia control center and look for a HDTV support alternative to be present, you may have to set it if the receiver/projector is unable to auto-negotiate the accurate resolution or the refresh rate

i made some checks and didn't concluded with better result. i am however unable to see to a HDTV support option but in addition to thsi , i can say that i can see HDCP, and it says its compatible. so i am unable to proceed further due to this. anyone knows about it?

i can say here that if there are problems with HDTV support you should check the card drivers for this. Version 285.xx while screwed up video in Wmc. i am running the 290 beta ones, and it works just fine in my case. and i am currently running on my htpc.in the other case which you should consider is that , when you go directly to the projector it will work in your case. ,make an attempt to do so and have a reply for the same.

in thsi case, i should say that, there are problems regarding the sequence of the equipment. there should not be proper sequence and that's the reason you are getting the black screen issue. have a proper arrangement of powering of your equipment and thsi will solve the issue. i will state the manner in which you should make the connection.make an attempt for powering on the devices in the following sequence.
    PC >> Receiver >> Projector.

i was of the similar issue but it solved in my case upto certain extent. I have a Pioneer VSX-520, and my receiver doesn't pass through the native resolution on my Epson 705HD projector . There was a lone option of working in the right way by making a output of 1080p and to configure the video driver to underscan or pad the video with a border to end up with a 1280x800 video centered in the 1920x1080 stream. the other way to solve thsi could be by scaling.

the AMD Catalyst Control Panel is not able to work unluckily on my HTPC as i don't make use of HDMI audio, and so I simply bypassed the receiver for HDMI video and made it use for digital coax audio. It in addition permits me to listen to FM radio at the time of browsing on the PC .

i think you should install the beta driver and in thsi case i think that it will work. also setting to 1080 will work. but make sure that you make a install of the latest beta driver. it will finally transmit encrypted uncompressed digital data due to the HDMI .

thanks. after solving various methods you stated , i was able to get my problem solved. first of all there were many issues concerning my HDMI . i didn't arranged them in a sequence of the equipment and that was the earlier problem . but it was not working after rectifying the mistake. later, i came to notice that setting it to 720p resolution and above it was a major issue. after rectifying the step to step process, i was able to solve the problem .thanks.