Thread: Connect Apple Cinema Display to windows 7 PC

Connect Apple Cinema Display to windows 7 PC

i have got a apple cinema display on a win7 64bit pc. the monitor is not detected and the image is completely coated. thought at first it's the graphics card. but it is not. Apple support says there are no drivers on their page as they are not provided displays for a win pc. on the old computer with XP, the monitor works without problems.

Re: Connect Apple Cinema Display to windows 7 PC

actually it does not matter whether a monitor is "recognized" or not. Once the monitor is driven by its native resolution, it should be ok picture. One probably is yes, the color depth set to 16bit in windows down or something, one probably is also the monitor is set wrong. I suppose you are in the range 3D/DCC move, but can happen, yes. I had one of the 30 "cinema displays used with win7. Without problems.

I have a PC Windows 7 64 bit and there would like to connect my Apple Cinema Display. For this I've already bought the necessary adapter (Atlona DP-400). When booting an image is displayed, but as soon as the Windows logon screen, the image is gone. The sound on the screen works.

i am using this Cinema Display Since I only use Linux exclusively, I can not notice any problems. Reproduced sound is clear and the image clean and flawless.

I just got my PC to my Apple Cinema Display connected, I use the DVI to video adapter. The whole seems to work, I see the boot process, then how Windows boots up. Only when that display the desktop, the screen goes black again. Currently have Windows 7 installed.

perhaps even on the PC resolution is set, the monitor can not do anything? Have you ever tried to boot in safe mode? press F8 just after turning on or restarting the computer (possibly several times or press and hold the right to catch the moment). What you need is actually an adapter? I had at the time the 23 "ACD connected directly to the DVI cable to the PC.

I am in possession of an Apple LED Cinema Display 27 "and want to connect it to my Windows 7 64-bit PC. Since my video card (ATI Radeon HD3870) mini display port has. I have already bought an adapter (Atlona DP-400). When I start my computer normally, an image is displayed to the point where the Windows login screen comes. Then the screen is black (off, not just black screen).