Thread: What should I do when my monitor turns off automatically and sometimes pc gets hang?

What should I do when my monitor turns off automatically and sometimes pc gets hang?

It’s since 6 months I bought a pc. I have a Samsung monitor. Now the problem is that whenever I access my pc it works properly for an hour or 2 hour or sometimes it works for a long while. But whenever I start browsing my internet or go on to listen music or watch movie or play game it either automatically hangs or turns off. Mostly it happens only with these applications I mentioned above but not with any other application. Suppose if I am trying to explore any application or else using a paintbrush or Microsoft word, everything works properly but when it comes to some other extra ordinary work it creates an issue. What could be the problem and remedy for this unusual thing.

Re: What should I do when my monitor turns off automatically and sometimes pc gets hang?

I faced the same problem as explained by you but one thing is that my pc never uses to get hang. The problem was with my monitor, since it was 3 year old monitor and I never sent it for servicing so maybe because of that it started creating problem. I can understand that your monitor is not so old but sometimes even a brand new monitor has a problem and creates an issue. So its better you consult your dealer or else contact that monitor’s company for service. Hope they will help you out.

Re: What should I do when my monitor turns off automatically and sometimes pc gets hang?

I agree with the solution but I guess you the forget the overall problem. It was clearly mentioned that the monitor hangs and also sometime the whole pc gets shut down. Friend I think it’s not the monitor but the CPU that’s creating the problem. Sometime it happens that due to excess use of computer our CPU heats up it stop working or else it restrict the monitor to work. So the best solution is to try making your cabinet cool by providing access or air or else taking the heat out of the cabinet as such sometimes it happens that the internal ventilation present in your cabinet is not enough to throw out the heat present in your cabinet. Or instead you can also keep your pc cool by keeping it in the air condition.

You people need to grow up. It’s not necessary that only the hardware create such problem, It could be due to simple software or internal change that might have created this issue. Friend I would suggest you with a simple solution please try it. right click on Desktop-Properties-Screensaver-Power , then check whether the hibernation is enabled or not and then also check setting for turn off Monitor and hard disk. Hope this simple solution will help you out instead of those complicated hardware solution.

Yeah even I think that it could be because of some internal setting changes. Because whenever I keeps my PC untouched or keeps it for some process my monitor goes on sleep mode after a min or 2 min. This process is known as Sleep Mode. This happens due to the changes made in the properties setting.