Thread: Thunderbolt displays get switch off automatically

Thunderbolt displays get switch off automatically

Few months before I bought a new Mac Mini 2011 with i7 Quad CPU version, also i have a Thunderbolt 27 inch display but now I have found some problem in which my display being automatically switch off also can’t work key board and mouse. This thing only happens when I am working the computer; first two times I reboot my PC. In final time I removed the Thunderbolt plug and reinstalled it too but same issue happened again. Thunderbolt Firmware also update on the Display. All software is updated in my Mac. So anyone can give me solution. There is running Lion 10.7.1 in my Mac.

Re: Thunderbolt displays get switch off automatically

Hello, I was also facing this problem; I think problem may be in Thunderbolt Firmware update, you have to do proper settings of update. You have to restart your server. You have to upgrade your Firmware, which can get help to reduce your problem. In that case if you want any kind of assistance then you can ask me.

I would like to give you suggestion to you have to contact with Apple customer care support staff. I think that place will you get proper solution. As per I concerned they are maker of your computer that’s why they will know each problem which are affected to your iMac. You will only get solution only from their staff. You can solve any problem of your system under their staff service.

Thanks for your suggestion, as per first reply I already update my Thunderbolt Firmware properly. Please specify your server settings. I want to know about it. I reboot my system many time can anyone give me perfect solution.

I think problem either in your connectivity or in firmware. Problem in connectivity like some connection problem, you can plug out all wires and cables. After that you have to plug in them properly. Then restart your system, if still there is a problem then you have check updates of Thunderbolt Firmware which are very important. I will try to find out other solution to solve your problem.

As per my suggestion, problem must be in your power supply. You have to check your home earthing by an electrician. Sometimes power supply problem would play major role in disconnection of your computer system. You have to concern with your electrician.