Thread: Apple Cinema Display goes black randomly

Apple Cinema Display goes black randomly

I am using the Apple Cinema and have some problem with that. Some of the times the display of that turns black and that is for a few seconds and it comes back after that. It keeps on happening in arbitrary time. When that goes black then the white LED which is there at the lower right corner of the LED keeps on blinking. Once this happens then I cannot do anything for that. I just have to wait for that to come back. Can somebody over here guess that what is happening with this or what should I do in such conditions.

Re: Apple Cinema Display goes black randomly

Once you have an Apple Cinema HD Display separated from the power supply to set it up at another location, the display will no longer present and the screen stays black. The diode on the front blinks 3 times at regular intervals. There are more chances that the power supply may be defective. So this is the first thing that you need to check in the conditions like this and see if that helps you to solve the problem or not.

The original power adapter that comes with the Apple 23 "Cinema Display has a power output of 90 watts. For some reason, this power the monitor ranges at a time no longer, and he denied the service. So you can try to use some higher power supply and see if that can solve the problem for you.

I would point out a disturbing phenomenon that is happening to holders of old Cinema Display. For some months now suddenly they're all dying, do not light up anymore. The phenomenon occurs sporadically at first, and removing and reattaching the cables sometimes temporarily resolves. But then within a few days you will get the same thing again. This is not just you, there are many of the other users who are with the same problem and they are also searching for the solution to this problem. I hope that Apple will notice this issue soon and provide some permanent fix for this.

The problem is summed up in few words: when the Cinema Display is turned on or "wake up" from standby mode, the screen stays black and the display is blank. The problem occurs after the power has been off for a few hours. When you turn on the small light flashes rapidly once before "die" and leave the black screen. One might think that the problem can be solved simply by replacing the power supply but also those that are different, after replacing its own power supply, indicate how the problem will be resubmitted again. Apple has not said anything about it, or rather do not seem to want to recognize this problem and this is very disappointing.

If you have a problem with your display and see this article for any solution, please refer to the service and support information that came with the display. If you try to repair the display by hand and if you did any damage then that will not be taken as warranty. If you want to have more information about this then you must contact an authorized Apple dealer otherwise, you can also contact to the Apple service provider. Co contacting to the Apple support first will be the best option for you.

Here are some of the main things that you need to check for this and see if this is helpful to you:
    • Make sure the computer is turned on.
    • Ensure that power cord is connected and it is fit.
    • Ensure that cables connected to display of computer.
    • Ensure that DVI/Mini DisplayPort cable is safely connected.
    • Ensure that computer is not in sleep mode.
    • Ensure that you are having proper brightness.
    • Check if all the installations are proper or not.

If the power cable of the display with a grounded outlet or power strip is connected, determine whether the outlet is receiving power. You can test the outlet by plugging a device into the outlet, where you know that it works, such as a desk lamp or radio.

I think that the display of that is broken and for that reason you are getting the issues like this. So what you can do is, just place a new display. So to some repairing shop and they will do it for you.

The flashing indicates a problem with the backlight, what you have apparently already noticed. In my personal opinion the only thing that can help you with this is to change your power supplier or the display. There are more chances that you will be out of issue after this. So do this and let us know if this was helpful or not so that we can try to get it solve in some other way.

This could be due to some power fluctuating issue. So you must check for this condition as well. A am saying this as there have been any of the similar cases earlier.

I am not very sure about that but I think that the display IC of that is not working and for that reason you are getting problem like this. So what you do is, check for the warranty and if that is under warranty then it will be resolved otherwise you can also visit to some repairing shop and they will do this job for me.