Thread: Two Thunderbolt Displays do not work when connected to laptop running on win 7(BootCamp)

Two Thunderbolt Displays do not work when connected to laptop running on win 7(BootCamp)

I have recently bought 2 Thunderbolt Displays and I have found that they are not working together under win 7, in my case I have connected Macbook Pro with one of the Thunderbolt Port and the other Thunderbolt is connected to the other Thunderbolt directly(daisy-chained). I have found that only one screen is working when I am running them together on win 7 that is running on BootCamp and I have made sure that it is fully updated as well but then it is still not working. On the other hand they both works when I am using them with mac os x. Is there anyone who can help me out? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Two Thunderbolt Displays do not work when connected to laptop running on win 7(BootCamp)

I have recently bought 2 Thunderbolt Displays and I have found that they are not working together under win 7, in my case I have connected Macbook Pro with one of the Thunderbolt Port and the other Thunderbolt is connected to the other Thunderbolt directly(daisy-chained). I have found that only one screen is working when I am running them together on win 7 that is running on BootCamp and I have made sure that it is fully updated as well but then it is still not working. On the other hand they both works when I am using them with mac os x. Is there anyone who can help me out? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Even I had tried doing the same with win 7 and I have found the same result but then while doing the same I had noticed that the display of the other Thunderbolt was black but then the FaceTime HD cameras was getting detected and it was working fine as well and other than this the ports and the speakers were working fine too. I don’t know where the problem was and I have not yet tried to found a solution for the same. I had tried to use the windows device manager in order to find out if there is something wrong or suspicious but then I did not found any. I am not that concerned because I use mac os x mostly and it is working fine with it but then I will like to know if there is a solution to get it work with the win 7 as well.

Re: Two Thunderbolt Displays do not work when connected to laptop running on win 7(BootCamp)

That’s the problem in my case, I mean that most of the work I do is on win 7 so I really need a solution for it, I really want them to get then work somehow. I had just found the apple stating that the “thunderbolt displays are supported on all 15" and 17" MBPs” but then they had not mentioned anywhere that it will not work for Windows 7 with the dual displays.

Yes even I have found the same and if they have not mentioned anything like that than I really doubt that it will for win 7:

I think that you should better contact the apple support and see what they have to say about the same, I think since it is very new they might be having an answer for this because many people might have tried the same and have reported to them as well. Just try it out and then let me know what they say. Best of luck.

I think that you should better contact the apple support and see what they have to say about the same, I think since it is very new they might be having an answer for this because many people might have tried the same and have reported to them as well. Just try it out and then let me know what they say. Best of luck.
    Hey I have contacted the apple support and yes they are aware of it and they simply said that they are not providing support for windows for now they are just providing support for Mac and all. I have checked for the same in a no of forum and I have not found any one with a solution for the same, everyone is just answering the same, I think that I have already wasted my money on Thunderbolt because if they won’t be working on win 7 than they are really not of any use to me. I really don’t know what to do now.

Yes its disappointing but then you really don’t have a way out, the only thing that you can do is just returning them or you will have to wait for updated BootCamp drivers but then we never know when they will come up with the same. There are possibilities that it can take a couple of months as well.

Even I think that same but then I just wanted to know that what do you all think from the following:
    • It is because of "Thunderbolt port" Driver issue??
    • "Video / Display card" driver issue ??
    • "Display Driver" issue?

If it is some kind of driver issue from the above then is there any possibilities that a third part driver can help me out in this case? Is there anyone who is aware of any such third party driver??

I think that it is because of the display driver issue but then I don’t think that there is any kind of third part driver that will help you in this case. I will search for the same and will let you know if I find one.