Thread: Thunderbolt Display Speaker is giving static sound

Thunderbolt Display Speaker is giving static sound

I got the Thunderbolt Display Speaker and connecting it to MacBook Air 2011 and I have updated the MacBook Air and Thunderbolt Display with the latest firmware update. When I listen some music or watch some video, a weird sound is coming from for about 25-30 second and suddenly stops. I don’t have idea about the problem but my Display is under the 14 days trial and I can change it after, but if the problem find then I can talk on that to my vendor.

Re: Thunderbolt Display Speaker is giving static sound

The problem you are discussing here is the problem of many users. But technically here you need to understand how Thunderbolt Display Speaker work and how MacBook Air 2011 work individually. Speaker is having its own range to produce sound and the music or video, you are watching may have a different frequency, so that it is not compatible with the devices. You should try the audio or video produce from Apple site.

This problem doesn’t seem to be a simple problem because lots of people are suffering from this and even apple support doesn’t have solution for this as yet. But a simple thing that we need to understand that the file you are running, might not supported by the speaker. I mean to say that the sampling rate of audio might not supported by the speaker.

You should check your connection like if you have connected both the devices with two different AC board. Is your ground connection is working fine? And if your speaker is receiving any type of leakage AC current, then too it makes noise. Your MacBook is having metal body so check it’s AC adapter connectivity also. And check whether it is not receiving any kind of ground current.

I want you to check all the connectivity first and then update all with latest update and then read the instruction that which kind of frequency Thunderbolt Display Speaker require for audio and video and try to download some stuff in that range and then try again to run the audio. And if the problem is persisted then go for the apple store and tell them about the problem, they will come and check it personally.

This is the problem which came with the system itself. And need to fix via company itself. But if you need to run it there then you need to reboot it he system and this will fix the problem. And you can try to unplug and plug the connection of Thunderbolt Display, this will help you.