Thread: Weird DVI port not working with GeForce gtx 280

Weird DVI port not working with GeForce gtx 280

HI, i used this GeForce gtx 280 on my Toshiba laptop. i try to used its DVI port for connection with the Toshiba HDTV. I try this and check its details. It makes problem at the time of doing booting task on it. If i used one dvi port, it shows only booting screen and not the windows screen. if i change this port to other dvi port, it display windows screen and not the booting process. I don't understand how is this possible. Showing oen screen and not the other. I need some help that works to fix this complex problem. windows 7 is running on laptop. Thanks in advance.

Re: Weird DVI port not working with GeForce gtx 280

For solving this problem, you can simply try to remove all the files that presents on the desktop screen of laptop. Then go to My Computer-> Property->settings->MOnitor. Then select only monitor 1 and not the other. Confirm that you have it in "single display" and not dual or clone. This will be work and in result it fix the connectivity problem. Try this and check result.

Do the graphics driver upgrade task on this GPU. It might be possible that such GPU needs latest graphics driver. Hence use it and check the graphics output. This is well for solving the graphical issues related to this connection.

Quote Originally Posted by singham2011 View Post
    You can also simply try to perform the graphics driver upgrade task on this GPU. It might be possible that such GPU needs latest graphics driver. Hence use it and check the graphics output. This is well for solving the graphical issues related to this connection.
    In that case, just follow below mentioned process.
    • First Uninstall presently graphics driver in this laptop system. USe device manager to do this task.
    • Reboot it after that and boot in "safe mode."
    • DOwnload and install latest graphics Driver.
    • In that time choose Sweeper, Nvidia Physx and Nivdia Chipset type of graphics driver.
    • You found it on the official site.
    • DO this driver installtion and then reboot your laptop.
    • Make reconnection with the DVI and check output.
    • That's it.

Try to use it and check its result. Definately you got some intresting positive result on your laptop screen. This is well for you.

IN this wired connections you can also try to use the DVi to VGA adapter for better graphics output. I hope such type of adapter works to fix your connectivity problem. This is well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bageshri27 View Post
    IN this wired connections you can also try to use the DVi to VGA adapter for better graphics output. I hope such type of adapter works to fix your connectivity problem. This is well for you.
    There is also possible solutions presents in such kind of connections. if port not works to show continous display, just try to use the HDMI port on it. This will be work to enhance the graphics performance. Try this and check the result. USe manual of the GPU for making this connection.