Thread: How is the performance of the NVidia GeForce GT 545 DDR

How is the performance of the NVidia GeForce GT 545 DDR

As recently I have bought the HP H8 1170 laptop for myself and I must say that this I bought it due to I like playing the games and this was the main reason for buying the laptop. But I would like to know is that the how is the performance of the NVidia GeForce GT 545 DDR. As some of the friends told me that the performance of this graphics card are poor as some of the high end graphics like BF3 , NFS the run etc does not work well. So I would like to know how is the performance of the GT 545 DDR graphics card.

Re: How is the performance of the NVidia GeForce GT 545 DDR

I would like to know what are the configuration of your laptop as performance of the game does not works on the graphics card only it also requires good config and powerful cpu. So what are the config of your HP laptop.

My HP H8 1170 laptop consist of the following config:-
    • Intel Core i7-2600 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache)
    • 8GB RAM
    • Graphics card Nvidia GeForce GT 545
    • Hard drive 2TB
    • Optical disk drive Blu-ray player
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Operating System

I’m using the following laptop and would say that playing the games on this laptop is just awesum as this laptop is powerful and can easily run any of the high end graphics game. So I don’t think so there is any issue in the graphic card or in the laptop regarding the game.

As I seeing the review about the Nvidia GeForce GT 545 I would say that the card is good enough to play the games as it consist of 1.5GB/ 3GB of GDDR3 memory, and have the core clock speed of 720MHz. so the performance of this graphic card seems good. But as I have seen the Nvidia GeForce introduced three graphics card GeForce GTX 560, GT 530, GT 545. Among which GTX 560 graphics card has got the good performance among three when compared. So from my point view the GT 545 is an average GPU, but will be able to play all high end games.

As a user of this laptop I tried playing the games with this but not happy with the performance of the GT 545, as while playing the game it lags sometimes and have also notice that sometimes the pc hangs. So using this I would say that the GT 545 graphics card is just an average GPU with not good performance. But you will able to play games easily on some few lags happen at some of the time.

My suggestion to you is that as you are not happy with the performance than you should try upgrading the graphics card. As I had also the same issue earlier with one of the laptop when bought so I for this I went on upgrading the GPU and installed the latest one in it. So according to me you should also try upgrading the GPU with the good one as I have seen the performance of the GTX 560 is much better than the GT 545. So try upgrading to the GTX 560.

Even I’m thinking of buying this laptop, so I would like to know that will this laptop be the best in terms of playing the games as I’m thinking of buying the laptop mostly for the gaming purpose.

For this I would say that the performance of the GT 545 GPU is more than enough to support the high end games and I must say about this is that the HP H8 1170 is the best laptop for the gaming in this range. So I don’t think so buying the HP H8 1170 laptop is bad option.