Thread: Battlefield 3 stuttering with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

Battlefield 3 stuttering with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

HI, i have installed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M GPU in my machine and everything were working quite good but don’t know what happened exactly like i am having horrible stuttering while playing this battlefield 3 game on my machine even if with low settings, and because of that it just makes really hard to play. Is there anybody having same hardware installed and having same problem with playing this game? Please let me know if there could be any possible solution for the same.

Re: Battlefield 3 stuttering with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

which driver version you have installed in your machine? Because see i have noticed like you will surely get this problem with the 285.XX series drivers. And you are not the only one who is having problem with the game rather there are so many people having same problem with the game and that’s why i used to recommend people like you should make use of the older versions driver rather than the one i have mentioned.

Thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the drivers that you have installed and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Well, though you have mentioned like you are having issue with the graphics card model that you have mentioned but still it might be possible as there could be some problem with the other hardware specification that you have installed in the machine. I don’t know whether you are aware about the minimum specification prior to play the game or not. But still you should have a glance at least for the same so that you can have better idea.

See here a LINK through which you can contact to NVIDIA and let them aware about the problem you are having in your machine. Though I am not having any problem with the machine but still when I had mentioned the problem on this link I was very well assisted from their side.

which driver version you have installed in your machine? Because see i have noticed like you will surely get this problem with the 285.XX series drivers. And you are not the only one who is having problem with the game rather there are so many people having same problem with the game and that’s why i used to recommend people like you should make use of the older versions driver rather than the one i have mentioned.

Thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the drivers that you have installed and see whether you are getting the same problem or not.
    Yup, this is right like there were some problem with the 285.XX series driver but still there is another option as well rather than downgrading the drivers in the machine.

I would like to recommend you that you should "open the console while playing the game with “~” and type two below mentioned commands:

RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadL¬¬imit 1

RenderDevice.TripleBufferingE¬¬nable 0

I have tried this and the game were working perfectly, in fact i would say it was more stable and there no stuttering as well.

Well, though you have mentioned like you are having issue with the graphics card model that you have mentioned but still it might be possible as there could be some problem with the other hardware specification that you have installed in the machine. I don’t know whether you are aware about the minimum specification prior to play the game or not. Still you should have a glance at least for the same so that you can have better idea.
    Exactly I have the same opinion as the above user, and see i have mentioned the specification below so that you can have better idea about the same.

• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    • RAM: 4GB
    • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
    • Graphics card memory: 1 GB
    • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card

I was also thinking about the same like this is not only regarding the graphic card that we have installed in the machine rather there could be some problem with the games itself. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.