Thread: How can I remove custom resolution?

How can I remove custom resolution?

Hi, i am having a machine, which comprise the LCS having 1440x900 19" as its native resolution. I tried to add 1280x1024, and 1920x1080 for the intention of taking a screenshot. The results were astonishingly thriving on my LCD. Unfortunately; those resolutions are still hanging around. Nvidia's 260.99 drivers detects the highest resolution as the local, so now it thinks that my 1440x900 16:10 monitor supports 1920x1080 16:9 as native resolution. And for the same I have removed that resolution from the Customize Resolution option under "Change Resolution" in the nvidia control panel. But still i was wondering as if there any way to eliminate those resolution option from Windows entirely?

Re: How can I remove custom resolution?

yeah the problem that you have mentioned is because of the drivers that you have installed in the machine because the thing is like i am using the 280.XX versions driver and that only has the option for editing and deleting but surprisingly none of them works properly. Thus i am looking for the older versions driver and would like to recommend you the same thing like you should also try the same one. i am not sure whether this will help us or not but there isn’t any harm trying out this solution.

yeah the problem that you have mentioned is because of the drivers that you have installed in the machine because the thing is like i am using the 280.XX versions driver and that only has the option for editing and deleting but surprisingly none of them works properly. Thus i am looking for the older versions driver and would like to recommend you the same thing like you should also try the same one. i am not sure whether this will help us or not but there isn’t any harm trying out this solution.
    I don’t think this will help you anyways, because the thing is like i have tried this thing with the older version drivers itself but still it detects the resolutions that i have customized once. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

I think the above user is not that familiar with the option he had gotten in the NVIDIA control panel because the version that he has mentioned that’s 280.XX is quite good, in fact it has better functions then the previous one.

He might not be aware about the manipulating options by means of the “enter” and “del” keys. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to install the driver i have mentioned and then you can simply delete them and it won’t detect them once again until and unless you set it again.

I have the same opinion as the above user but still i personally believes as even after changing the version the native customized resolution must have gotten deleted and you don’t even have to customized them.

I have the same opinion as the above user but still i personally believes as even after changing the version the native customized resolution must have gotten deleted and you don’t even have to customized them.
    Though i am agree with the above user but still if suppose you are still having problem with the resolution then i would like to suggest you that you should download the guide from the link i have mentioned, i hope this will work.