Thread: Turning ON HP Pavilion TX2500 shows up black screen

Turning ON HP Pavilion TX2500 shows up black screen

As I’m using the HP TX2500 laptop from 6 months I never had any issue regarding the laptop but today morning when working on the laptop in the office. The laptop got freezed , due to which I had turn off the laptop and when I restated the laptop I see the laptop led lights are on but there is no response from the screen and the screen seems to be totally blank. What can be the reason behind this and how can I fix the problem of the blank screen in the laptop.

Re: Turning ON HP Pavilion TX2500 shows up black screen

I would like to know are you able to go to the safe mode after turning on the laptop. If you are able to go to the safe mode then you should try disabling the video card and see that whether you are persisting with the same problem or not.

I would like to know are you able to go to the safe mode after turning on the laptop. If you are able to go to the safe mode then you should try disabling the video card and see that whether you are persisting with the same problem or not.
    As you advised me to go to the safe mode and try disabling the video card, I tried disabling it and what I see is that the screen is functioning well but when I enable the video card the screen goes black again

I had the similar type of issue in the hp TX2500 laptop. Mine was get overheated and sometimes due to that it got hanged up, as the laptop was under the warranty I contacted to the hp care and they replaced me with the fan in the laptop. As it for few days it was working fine and one day it suddenly showed me the blank screen I tried rebooting the laptop for the several times but then too it didn’t work. Again I had to call the hp care and this time they replaced it with the new CPU. I asked the reason for this and they told me that it was due to the laptop overheating. But now after working for few months it is showing me the same.

There are many reasons for the laptop screen going to black and this may be due to wrong installing of drivers, older bios, cpu problem and many more. You should also see is that the screen is dim or not. If there is issue of the dim screen then there might be possibility that it would be due to the backlight issue.

I am too having the same issue and don’t know why the screen of the laptop went blank. I hibernated my laptop and after turning on I do not see the screen of my laptop, it just went blank. Can anyone help me out with this problem.

If you can try with some of the issue see that whether it works or not.

1. When you turn ON the laptop see that whether the HDD LED light is getting blinked or not.
    2. If you are able to see the LED light for the HDD on the laptop
    3. Then now you should try connecting with the external monitor cable to the laptop
    4. And if you see the screen is working properly then I must say that the lcd screen of yours might be damaged.

I am too having the same issue and don’t know why the screen of the laptop went blank. I hibernated my laptop and after turning on I do not see the screen of my laptop, it just went blank. Can anyone help me out with this problem.
    I would like to know whether your laptop covers the warranty period or not. If your laptop is in warranty period then it would be better you try to contact to the hp support care, as they are the guys who solve this issue properly rather than trying yourself.

Actually I tried doing with the above procedure and I see no HDD lights blinking in my laptop. And the main thing is that my laptop does not cover the warranty and due to this contacting to the hp care is just useless.

So is there any way from where I can fix this issue myself. As I have to spend bucks for renewing my warranty and which I don’t want to do it.

See as you are saying that your HDD light is not blinking when you are turning ON the pc then for this I must say that you should try the following as your laptop does not cover warranty and you do not want to spend money on renewing the warranty. Then you can try following by yourself.

• Now first thing you have to do is flip your laptop to backside.
    • Open all the screws of the laptop
    • Remove the RAM clean it properly and also clean the slot.
    • Now place the RAM again in the slot and fix the screws back.
    • After doing this see that is the screen working properly or not.

I tried doing this with the above mention steps and I saw that doing this procedure the screen got it normal and was working fine.