Thread: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX dead

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX dead

I am using the Dell XPS M1730 which is having the dual Geforce 8800 GTX and this is the SLI compatible video card. My computer has 4 GB of RAM and running the Windows Vista operating system on it. rom last 10 days, I am facing problem with the video card that I am using. It has stopped working for me. I have already given attempts to the suggestion that I know and also found on internet but didn’t get it solved. Please give the some suggestion for this.

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX dead

If the card is in warranty then the best that you can do for this is to contact the manufacturer and ask them for the issue. They will fix the problem without any cost as this is under warranty but if that is out of warranty then there is only one thing that you can do and that is to put the card in dustnbean and get a new one. This will be the best option for you that I can suggest you.

Wait...before getting the new card you can try by upgrading the driver for this to the latest one ans see if that is able to get the problem solved for you. This can be some glitch with the driver as well and upgrading might fix this issue.

All the drivers are already updated recently and then also I am getting this issue. This mean that there is no problem with the driver in this case and it it totally dead.

Quote Originally Posted by rihit View Post
    All the drivers are already updated recently and then also I am getting this issue. This mean that there is no problem with the driver in this case and it it totally dead.
    Have you checked the connection of the card with the motherboard? it is possible that this is because of the lose connection issue. so what you can do is just disconnect and reconnect that again with the motherboard. If the lose connection was the culprit then after connecting that properly, you will not face that issue again.