Thread: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 is stuttering

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 is stuttering

I have purchased GTX 460. I am getting stuttering issue while playing video games. Though I am getting awesome framerates. As I am starting Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on the computer and the game is getting stutters for the five seconds and after that the game is resuming. This particular game is stuttering for the for the first five seconds only. Let me know if you are having any useful instruction to get the requirement of mine. any help on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 is stuttering

In order to figure out the exact root cause of the issue I wanted to know which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? which version of the drivers do you have installed? Can you provide any other information which will help me to get into the root cause of the problem?

I have noticed number of people who are facing the same problem which you have mentioned over here and I am suggesting following solution which you can try to fix the matter.
    • You have to go NVCP and there you have to go for the Global Power Management and set Prefer Maximum performance.
    • Once you have done the same it will remove the stuttering which you are getting on the system of yours.

After going through the post of yours I am wanted to tell you that Video card did not seems to loaded if V-Sync is enabled on the graphic card.
    1. You have to use the following steps to disable the same.
    2. You have to right click on the desktop and select Properties.
    3. Now you have to go for Settings and select Advanced.
    4. You have to click on the Open GL settings and go for Vertical Sync and disable the same.
    5. Once you have done the same you should apply the changes which you have done and see whether it is working or not.

I recommend that you should download TechPowerUp GPU-Z 5.0 utility app and you should run the same in the back ground when you are playing the game. you should check the both the boxes which are under of the monitoring tab so that the app will run in the background when you are supposed to playing and you will have the app log.
    The log will let you know about the various performance factor of the card such as GPU clock speed, mem speed and shader speed, power levels, heating of the graphic card and the PCB heat stat. the total amount of the memory used. So that you can plan further troubleshooting steps.

Another thing which I wanted to share you over here is that if the card is running stable then physical memory usage is not exceeding the full memory usage on your card then the issue which you have mentioned over here is not happening because of the graphic card or drivers rather than there are other factors are causing the issue. Like back ground process running on the computer, antivirus software and number of devices are running through the USB. System memory overload due to data be paged out of the hard disk.

Well if you are not able to fix the matter then you can try below mentioned solutions.
    You have to right click on the shot cut of the game and click on the Properties.

Now click on the Compatibility tab and click on the Disable desktop composition.

There could be an issue with the back ground process running on the computer so I am suggesting that you should perform clean boot the computer of yours. Well I wanted to tell you that you have to disable all the services on the computer and you are getting the stuttering issue while playing the game. if the issue is seems to resolve than you should find out the back ground process and disable the same on the computer.

If I am not wrong there is need of reinstalling the drivers on the computer. what I am saying that you should simply reinstall the drivers by using Driver Sweeper. Also you might need to update the drivers so you should visit the official website and get the latest version of the drivers and install the same.

First of all you should contact the technical support team and get the further assistance on this particular matter. if they are not able to solve the matter and then I recommend that you should contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty. Make sure that the graphic card of yours should not have the physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim for the service warranty. Let me know if you have managed to resolve the issue which you have stated over here.