Thread: Suggestion for best LED monitor

Suggestion for best LED monitor

I am assembling the system for me and this rig id for scientific computing. I am clear with what is to be done to assemble but the only thing that I am not able to decide is the monitor. I need the monitor that is having the LED backlighting support. I searched for this on google and there are many such products and so I am very confused. Please suggest me the best one that you have used or you know that be better for me.

Below are some that I found good but not sure:

• ASUS VS247H-P
    • ASUS VE248H
    • ASUS VH238H
    • ASUS VH242H
    • Dell ST2420L

Re: Suggestion for best LED monitor

I think that the Asus PA238Q will be the best for you. I am using the same and that is running mflawlessy from many months without any issue and so I would like to suggest you the same.

If you are thinking to get the Samsung XL series (XL20, XL24 and XL30) effectively much wider due to LED lighting. The panel is of the type A-MVA, a variant that improves the speed and angle of vision. But as usual, quantity and quality do not go hand in these monitors. This is wide but the accuracy is lower than its competitors. In particular, curves leave much to be desired for a monitor that claims to have professional use.

Sorry for posting in running thread, but I am interested to know that what is the LED technology exactly and how does it work. What is the benefits of this? Thank you so much for replying to my post in advance.

LED technology can be used in multiple ways, with associated advantages and disadvantages. The most common way is to place rows of white LEDs around the edge of the screen.The Edge LED used in white LEDs are also very energy efficient, which results in low energy. A 24 inch monitor with CCFL lighting consumes about 40 watts, a monitor with white LED backlight comes out to about 25 watts, a significant savings. The second implementation of LED technology also makes use of white LEDs, but places it at the edges of the screen, but split behind the image itself. This is called "Full LED".

The advantage over Edge LED is that the brightness distribution across the screen can be easily kept constant. Full LED makes it possible to set the lights behind dark areas of the screen to dim to obtain the higher contrast. However, this technology is mainly used in TVs, monitors local dimming.

One more implementation of LED technology is called RGB LED. This do not display with RGB LED lighting using white LEDs, but clusters of closely spaced red, green and blue LEDs. These three colors "blend" creates the color white. Advantage of RGB LEDs is that the white light thus obtained a much larger portion of the spectrum contains relatively cool blue white of a white LED. RGB LED makes this possible to monitor a much larger color gamut to achieve than with CCFL or white LED technology. Especially for graphic designers and photo and video editing is an advantage. RGB LED technology is also relatively expensive and inefficient. RGB LED screens often consume as much energy as CCFL monitors of the same size. Especially the high cost of RGB LED technology ensure that we monitor consumers really only uses white LED technology.

Thank you so much you all for the replies. I was not expecting such a quick reply on this. Anyways, thank you again for such a nice explanation and post about LED monitors.

I bought the LG W2486L just came out and I am very satisfied. It has an excellent graphic quality, amazing definition and brightness really good that I really enjoy watching films 1080p. This is best in all the aspects and so I can recommend you this with full confidence. Other than the features, it also has a good customer support. If you get any problem with the monitor (as its a machine) then you can get it solved from them.

I am giving a list of the monitors which you can check and compare with the other available to see if that suits you or not.
    • Samsung Syncmaster LED C27A750X
    • Packard Bell Viseo 191 LEDs
    • Packard Bell Maestro 240 LED
    • Samsung SyncMaster BX2235 LED
    • Samsung SyncMaster BX2240 LED
    • Fujitsu SL27T-1 LED

What a quick replies on this. I have decided to take ASUS VH238H as this looks very interesting. Thank you so much all for your replies and suggestions.