Thread: ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series with 27" iMac DisplayPort

ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series with 27" iMac DisplayPort

I have searched many forums and found that not a single owner of ATI have faced such issue so how can I find solution for this. When you plug your 5000 series card displayport into the my new imac Displayport the display becomes blur or you can say flicker after that nothing happens. My this experience makes me think that ATI Radeon 5000 series card has major issues where as 4890 works fine.

Re: ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series with 27" iMac DisplayPort

I have compared and came to a final decision that this 500 series of imac aren't suitable or you can say preferable just like our very own windows. I think before the future version gets launched this situation should be fixed.

Actually what you are saying is quite difficult for me to understand. I hope what I am saying will help you some or the other way. This should hardly matter to mac people resulting from the fact that everything it needs to do is embrace the displayport in from the windows PC. The iMac is essentially a screen. For some explanation it works very well with the 4000 series at this instant, and you could think this could move into the 5000 series but it plainly tries not to.

In many places I have been noticing this situation and the most worrying thing is that all of them are windows users. Also this happens when we are using the same 2 or more displays. Surely the ATI will offer preferable drivers in the future if they want to keep there reputation. Launching the 5000 series cards early stocked ATI some cash and gives it chance to discharge a different video card, for instance, the 5870, then the 5970. By doing this, they consistently have a unique value illustrations card. It's concerning the business.

I clearly got your point of view about the situation and without a doubt i agree but personally I anticipated features of this including its performance and needed some sort of affirmation from ATI affirming is missing and should take care about there products.

I have no good bonding with the AMD people. Whenever I used to get stuck in any mess related to their product I used to send complain mail to them and the solution was provided to me after a long time for the same. So I have sent request to them of your troubleshoot concerning the DisplayPort incompatibilities with the 5700 series attempting to get some data on the issue and I still haven't even gained a reaction whatsoever which is frustrating. I in addition some information from the alternate supportive gathering combining the official gathering or you are able to declare official destination. I am waiting for them for a fix that can make the proposed several parts more perfect with one another.

After many experiment I found a bit of information that might help. I was thinking that a firmware is required to fix this card if not than there is a flash required following with an firmware. Just having the ATI card's displayport yield connected to the iMac comprehensively aberrances it out on boot up. The fans on the card head over up to beat speed, and admitting that the PC boots, no film out is demonstrated on any of the presentations. I have an old ATI card that works fine without any drivers whatsoever but unfortunately likely won't run anything aside from solitaire at 2460 x1220 with any sensible framerate while the 5780 might as well handle it without an issue. The thing that quite astonished me was the newfangled 5970 cards working which are apparently running on the 9.11 impetus drivers and additionally works after the drivers are stacked dependent upon some of the insight indicated on this string.

I am very much aware about the DisplayPort. The DisplayPort users are perhaps in the minority as of right now, it look like the launch of ATI seriesof cards are not properly manufaqctured by the company itself. They or not legitimately enabling the DP specification. For most people its still a preferable card, but this has been a disillusioning encounter thus far.

I know that DisplayPort users are perhaps in the minority as of right now, but it quite does look like ATI discharged a succession of cards that aren't legitimately enabling the DP determination, or regardless not completely bringing about it anyway. For most folks its still a stupendous card, but this has been a disillusioning encounter thus far.

What I have heard is that the AMD card series such as the 4000 series and the 5900 series are very well equipped, the cards work right out of the case without any drivers stacked to any detectable degree. I have mailed the AMD but still still hasn't answered to any of my aid or helped me in spite of the fact that an additional fellow in this string did get some reactions even though it sounds love actually easy-level tech support people accompanying a script that didn't quite grasp what he was asking following they answered with a post of presentation port connectors/ adapters.

Seems every individual posting here are disappointed with their DisplayPort has been acquired on the 5800 series cards Even though its my perceiving that the card can as a matter of fact produce several disconnected timing origins which are imparted around each of the four of the conceivable outputs 2 DVIs, 1 HDMI, 1 Displayport. That would be why you require a local presentation port screen or an animated connector when running several screens with this specific card.