Thread: Is it screen size of monitor make difference in FPS rate?

Is it screen size of monitor make difference in FPS rate?

I want to get more information about general monitor here, that should screen size of monitor makes any difference on FPS rate or not. I have 22 inch monitor which gives 60FPS. Now I want to change it to 40 inch monitor. Hence does it make any changes on system FPS rate or not? Thanks in advance for information regarding this issue.

Re: Is it screen size of monitor make difference in FPS rate?

I don’t think so. There is not any changes happen on monitor FPS rate when the screen resolutions is being same on both the monitor whether they contain different size monitor. Hence as per my opinion, there is not any much changes happen on your system if you change monitor screen size.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvita View Post
    I don’t think so. There is not any changes happen on monitor FPS rate when the screen resolutions is being same on both the monitor whether they contain different size monitor. Hence as per my opinion, there is not any much changes happen on your system if you change monitor screen size.
    Yes, I also agree your thinking that screen resolution makes a difference on FPS rate and not the screen size. This FPS is Frame per second, which is completely depend upon screen resolution set on system. Hence there is not any direct connection within monitor screen size and FPS rate.

Every monitor has a max. Refresh rate, ideally its 60-75Hz. Hence this is completely depends upon monitor you use for this testing purpose. This refresh rate has being not totally depend upon the screen size, but I think so that this is also related to the monitor and its model we use in our system. If you hold any such monitor, I would be suggest to you that check the monitor you tested for this screen size with FPS rate. This is necessary to be careful about the monitor we used for testing should contain same model number.

As per many articles explain, normal human eyes can technically only detect 10 Hz. Hence this is not any major issue that if screen size change any difference on frames per second rate. You can definitely get good quality based screen views depends upon monitor.