Thread: Windows 7 does not extend to 3 monitors on Radeon HD 6870

Windows 7 does not extend to 3 monitors on Radeon HD 6870

I have been trying to obtain an extended desktop on 3 monitors meant for accounting purposes.

I have 3 monitors plugged within to the card by the use of together DVI ports in addition to the HDMI. My Windows 7-pro recognizes and properly identifies every monitor. Though, the OS does not permit extending the desktop toward 3 monitors.

I tried Eyefinity settings otherwise the settings of AMD icon and I find nowhere.

Can somebody please assist with this?

Re: Windows 7 does not extend to 3 monitors on Radeon HD 6870

Eyefinity is AMD's multi-monitor technology. So if you use more than one Eyefinity comes into play! The groups can be created only on the monitor of the same type (as a resolution, an alternative will be chosen the lowest).

In Full mode, they can activate all three?

Eyefinity is only supported on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

In my test 2 Monitor DVI Monitor + 2 DP. The HD 6870 supports a single VGA monitor, adjusting the lower DVI connector (attached to the PCB). It is NOT possible to connect a DVI monitor into the connector farthest from the PCB and one HDMI display simultaneously. These are the limits of the card, you are one of these cases?

DVI can normally only be reproduced image, however, many video cards have a small audio chip, with the appropriate DVI to HDMI adapter you get is actually also on the DVI output of a sound, but that only works with certain DVI to HDMI adapters, if I as nor am informed correctly. Just go with the original AMD DVI to HDMI adapter, use the non-channeled through the clay pipes. However, this only for DVI to HDMI, because a conventional DVI input receives no sound. AMD has just modified the DVI output anything, so you can drive and HDMI TV using the adapter with sound - "before" it was not customary to have an HDMI output on the graphics card

To me that the incident could be to use the 3 different connector types at the same time could not explain the reasons, but possible. Maybe it's better to shop in support of ATI or Sapphire.

Please put me to not realize that I know of that has no electrical compatibility with DVI DisplayPort. You can to a graphics card that is virtually an infinite range DisplayPort connectors, but only limited DVI / HDMI / VGA ... This is because the need for these three methods of image output, a clock generator, and there are few graphics cards (meant Sapphire once had a 3-cycle generators) which has more than two clock generators, which is why circuit even with two monitors at the three ports.
    DisplayPort does not, so you can block any number! If you now from your DisplayPort signal would like to do a DVI signal, you have these quasi-electric conversion with the help of an active adapter pushing forward!

With one hundred percent certainty I cannot answer, unfortunately, because I myself have unfortunately no Eyefinity capable graphics card. But I have read that Eyefinity with an active DisplayPort adapter, like that of Sapphire. It is but a single-link version!

An ordinary error while setting up multi-monitors you did there...lots of have asked this here by. To run a 3rd monitor/eyefinity you require making use of the DisplayPort through an ACTIVE DisplayPort adapter.

You can make use of two DVI + single DP otherwise HDMI+DVI+DP.

PowerColor is ready to make more accessible configurations based on 3 + monitors, by releasing Eyefinity version 6 of the Radeon HD 6870. The ditch mentioned card with custom cooling (with three heatpipes), six mini DisplayPort outputs and probably, 2 GB of GDDR5 memory - double the amount of the model "regular". The latest card supports equipped six monitors is prepared in support of CrossFireX, has 1120 stream processors as well as a memory interface of 256 bits.

On the AMD website I've found your card to the following:
    • ATI Eyefinity Multi-Display Technology
    • Three independent display controllers
    • Simultaneous operation of three displays with different resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays
    • Grouping of displays
    • A combination of multiple displays to a single large display

That should answer a lot already.