Thread: XFX Radeon HD 4850 overheating and showing grey squares

XFX Radeon HD 4850 overheating and showing grey squares

I have purchased the card about half a year before, and currently I'm noticing grey squares that "fizzle" in the order of the screen and lock up my PC. Some are also talking about the overheating issue. Mine is Antec 300 illusion case with excellent airflow/wire management through a GPU idle temp of 40, and it begins doing this roughly 55-56 degrees Celsius during games.

Re: XFX Radeon HD 4850 overheating and showing grey squares

It is also possible by feeding problems (check having input connected to pin 6 plate of video).

If this proves to be well then it can be to have a source of poor quality or lack or power failure.

If the problem persists then it may come from overclocking the motherboard itself. I for example I have the xfx radeon 4850 xxx overclock Factory. Check the GPU and Memory Clock from the same Drivers ATI. It is in Overdrive options. If, corresponding to your plate of video, which are very high for these values, it is advisable to bring them down a bit (since this is usually the problem).

I have not solved the problem in spite of the many good suggestions in this thread, but bypassed by the purchase of a new GraKa. The disassembly was simply too risky and so I decided to send in the "defective" Radeon, and then in the event of a successful repair, a replacement card in stock. The temperature in my new Nvidia GTX 560 Ti is indeed constant at 40-50, which made the graphics driver, still crashes, just not as often. So it slumbers nor a troublemaker in the system.

Maybe check the GPU fan to fit. Possibly. The cooler does not sit entirely on the GPU and thus the heat of the GPU can not absorb more.

See if the fan spins.

XFX has recently unveiled a new model "personalized" Radeon HD 6850. Using a priori a PCB developed by the manufacturer itself, this graphics card has a dual-slot cooling rather large, consisting of an aluminum radiator crossed by two large copper heat pipes, the whole being surmounted two large fans.

Well this is already done and the drivers are the last ones have left and the fans are working fine but the chassis fan is set for hot air out of the computer no problem and James step and you change the thermal paste, but nevertheless yesterday when I was checking the chassis was opened and still reached 64 degrees idle, nor is the problem of the source or check processor or ram and all that.