Thread: Login screen does not appear after installing ATI Radeon HD 5850 driver

Login screen does not appear after installing ATI Radeon HD 5850 driver

After formatting my system I have installed the drivers v11.11 and while restarting, the computer can’t login to windows. Not yet goes toward "Welcome" screen. While i boot the system into the safe mode and uninstalling the driver the whole thing is perfectly fine.

Re: Login screen does not appear after installing ATI Radeon HD 5850 driver

For me also the problem started some time ago, when my laptop screen suddenly went out. Well, he did not really matter with flashlight you could still see a picture, but that's not so.

I then sent the thing; it did get back with the report that this is a hardware error. Well, now I once asked a colleague who knows so well. He has advised me to uninstall the driver once my graphics card. I've also made, and the lighting was so again. Only problem is that when I install the so-called "Catalyst Control Center" need. This is apparently exactly the reason why the lights always ends.

I think even now that it has nothing to do with the Center, but I've also downloaded the driver pack from Acer directly, and then the lights did not work. If I uninstall the drivers now, however, she goes again. I've now had the problem again yesterday, and have replaced some of the drivers by older, I know exactly what is no longer, at least the lights worked again straight. Now I'm me first away from playing.

Your described problem is a driver problem. Download the latest drivers (post above me) and install it. So the problem should be fixed.

The reliability and driver quality, I would clearly call NVIDIA. PhysX is also possible only with Nvidia. Of the graphics processing power and they do not take much. At the moment leads to the NVIDIA GTX480 the fastest single-GPU card. ATI leads the other hand, generally at the moment with the HD 5970 (dual GPU), the fastest graphics card on the market. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I personally prefer Nvidia.

The first hotfix is intended to recent Radeon HD 5850 and Radeon HD 5870 to correct a problem that caused the corruption of the display for no reason. Screens and gray vertical lines could indeed occur randomly with two graphics cards. This hotfix contains the graphics driver 8.690.3.1 is compatible with all Radeon HD but its installation is only useful for this problem seems specific to the 5800 series models. The second hotfix that comes out is also based on the Catalyst 10.1 (8690) but provides no new features or bug correction in particular. This is simply the first driver compatible with graphics cards, entry-level Radeon HD 5450 that have just been announced by Ati. If you buy a card soon Radeon HD 5450, it is theoretically the drivers that will be delivered with it.

I have the ATI drivers from ATI (version 10.7) and loaded on an Acer with a Mobility HD 5850 and has installed everything runs smoothly. So I can confirm that these work well and in fact compatible, which of course does not include exceptions.

I've now tested the system only once a while with the ATI Tray Tools and unfortunately I have to say that the driver crashes are still there. At first I thought she had become less, but was probably only because I had at the time played a little less than usual xD

The crashes may still occur if something is working with the graphics card, be it a game, but probably also of the YouTube Flash video player.

I think it has nothing to do with the ore compatibility mode. When the system requirements is given directX 9 and that would still be the compatibility mode of XP Service Pack 3