Thread: Unable to get video in full screen with AMD Radeon HD 6870

Unable to get video in full screen with AMD Radeon HD 6870

In my computer I have AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card and I am using windows 7 operating system in my computer. now in my computer whenever I play Civilization 5 or Dirt ir any other game at that time I cannot get video in full screen if run the game in windowed mode at that time it works fine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to get video in full screen with AMD Radeon HD 6870

After looking at your problem I would like to tell you that this problem normally occurs because of the resolution issue. If you have set the wrong resolution in the game then you have to change the resolution and after that you have to try to play the game in full screen and then check whether your problem get solved or not. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Yes problem is occurred because of the resolution. First you have to open the game in which you are facing this problem and after opening the game you have to go to the settings from the main menu and after going in to the setting you will see the setting for the graphics or video. Now select that option and then you have to select the different resolution there and then you have to click on the OK and then check whether you are able to play the game in full screen mode or not.

If you are facing the same problem after that also then you should also try to solve this problem by changing some other graphic setting. I hope with the help of this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help related to that then let me know.

Well I would like to tell you that you should remove the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card from your computer and after removing the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card from your computer you have to connect it again with your computer properly. Now after connecting the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card with your computer you have to start the PC and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not. I am telling you this because many times by removing the graphic card and placing it properly to its place can make the difference.

It looks like problem is with the graphic card drivers. I think in your computer your graphic card driver has corrupted which is causing this issue. You should first try to solve this problem by removing the graphic card drivers from your computer and after that you have to install the graphic card driver again in your computer and after installing the drivers of your AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card you have to check whether you are able to play the game in full screen or not.

If same problem occurs after trying the above solution also then you have to update the drivers of your AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card and after updating the drivers check what the situation is.

To Download the latest drivers for your AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card you have to visit the official site of the AMD and after that you have to you have to download the drivers for your AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card and then install it. You can also get the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

After changing the resolution of the game when I tried to play the game in full screen mode at that time also I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by removing the AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card from my computer and after that putting it back in my computer but that doesn’t make any difference.

Is there any other way to solve this issue?

Well in my computer I was also not able to play the game in full screen mode and after that I have tried different solution to fix this issue but none of the solution helped me to fix this issue. Now after that I have downloaded the latest drivers in my computer and installed it and after that also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have contact the AMD support and they have told me to try to solve this problem by updating the BIOS and after that I have update the BIOS in my computer and after updating the BIOS when I try play the game in full screen in my computer at that time all the things started working normally. I think you should also update the BIOS in your computer and after updating the BIOS in your computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

You should connect your AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card with any other PC and then you have to check whether you are facing the same problem with that computer or not. if you are facing the same problem then I think problem is with your AMD Radeon HD 6870 graphic card otherwise problem is with your computer only. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thank you for helping me. I have first downloaded the BIOS update file from the official site of the motherboard manufacturer and then I have updated the BIOS with the help of that file and after updating the BIOS in my computer all the things started working fine. I really appreciate your help.