Thread: Battlefield 3 crashes with ATI radeon hd 5870 in XFire

Battlefield 3 crashes with ATI radeon hd 5870 in XFire

Hi friends I in my computer I have ati radeon hd 5870 in Xfire and in my computer I am facing problem. When I play Battlefield 3 game in my computer at that time it works fine for some time my computer restarts automatically and I get BSOD regarding atikmdag.sys related error. Is there anyone who have solution for this then please help me.

Re: Battlefield 3 crashes with ATI radeon hd 5870 in XFire

As you have said that you are facing this problem while playing Battlefield 3 game first thing you need to check whether problem is with drivers or game itself. If you have any other game installed in your computer then you should start the game and then you have to see whether you are facing the same problem with other game also or not. if you are getting the same problem with other game also then there might be problem with the drivers and if problem doesn’t occur with other game then I think problem is with the Battlefield 3 game.

If problem is occurring with the game only then you have to first start the Battlefield 3 game and after starting the Battlefield 3 you have to go to the settings from the game menu and after that you have to go to the graphic setting and then you have to set all the graphic options from Higher to medium and after changing the setting you have to play the Battlefield 3 game again and then you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

You should also change the resolution of the Battlefield 3 game and after changing the resolution of the game you have to play to again and then check whether it makes any difference or not. I hope this solution will help you to get rid of this problem.

If above tricks does not help you to fix this solution then you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Battlefield 3 game in your computer and I think after reinstalling the Battlefield 3 in your computer your problem might get solved. try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

According to me problem is not with the Battlefield 3 game in your computer but I think you should first open your computer and after that you have to remove the graphic card from your computer and then you have to insert the graphic card again in your computer properly and after that do all the setting related to the Xfire properly and after doing all the setting you have to start the computer and after starting the computer you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I hope after trying this Battlefield 3 will not crash in your computer.

I have checked other games in my computer and I have noticed that this problem does not occur with the Battle field game only but with some other games also this problem is occurring and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by removing the graphic card from my computer and after removing the graphic card from my computer and after that inserting it back again but that doesn’t helped me to solve this issue.

Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

You have to first download the driver sweeper from the internet and after that you have to run in it in your computer and then it will remove the drivers from your computer and then you have to restart your computer. now after restarting your computer you have to insert the driver CD of the your ati radeon hd 5870 graphic card and after inserting the CD you have to install the ati radeon hd 5870 graphic card drivers again in your computer and after installing the ati radeon hd 5870 graphic card again you have to start the battlefield game again and afetr that play the game in your computer and then check whether you are still getting the error or not.

I am aware of this issue and with my two system I am using 5970 graphic card and I was going though the similar problem in my computer and then I done clean install of the operating system and then this problem starts after installing the Catalyst Software Suite. If I install the driver separately in my computer then at that time I don’t get this problem. I will suggest you to install the drivers individually and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

If reinstalling the drivers of the ati radeon hd 5870 graphic card in your computer if you are facing the same problem then you should try to solve this problem by installing the latest drivers of the AMD and after installing the latest drivers of the AMD ion your computer your problem will get solved. You should first download the latest drivers from the internet for your ati radeon hd 5870 graphic card and after downloading the drivers in your computer you have to first remove the previously installed drivers from your computer. now after that you have to install the latest drivers of ati radeon hd 5870 graphic card and after installing the latest drivers your problem will get solved.

Most of the times installing the latest drivers can solve this type of the issue.

If you have not set the memory on both core properly then I think that is the reason why you are getting this error. You should first set the memory in both core properly in BIOS and after that you have to start the computer and then check whether same problem occurs or not.

If you want to download the latest drivers for your ati radeon hd 5870 graphic card then you have to visit the official site of the AMD and then you have to download the drivers and then install it in your computer and then your problem will get solved

Or you can download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD.