Thread: ATI Radeon Eyefinity on windows 8

ATI Radeon Eyefinity on windows 8

I'm running Windows 8 Developer preview and now I want to insert ATI Radeon Eyefinity card on this system. Can I do this task? I read in so many articles that the windows 8 are being supported primarily by nVidia but should it also work with the ATI Radeon Eyefinity Graphics Card. Thanks for any suggestions related to this issue.

Re: ATI Radeon Eyefinity on windows 8

Yes it will be work with the windows 8 system. There is possibility to do this task using the help of proper installation process. The ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 is the first graphics card capable of rendering up to 1 billion pixels per second. The recently launched windows 8 developer preview has been given the compatibility with this graphics card and hence I think there is possibility to do this connectivity.

At least 3 simultaneous, active display outputs, with one Display Port connector are compulsory to carry AMD Eyefinity technology. Windows vista and win 7 is compatible with AMD Eyefinity technology. As we all know that the windows 8 mostly based on the windows 7 and hence I also think that this graphics card should be work on the windows 8.

If the connectivity diver for this graphics card is being available on the windows 8 then there will be no problem for inserting such graphics card. You need to first check the graphics driver of this card for the insertion purpose. Then try to do this task.

AMD Eyefinity technology is no support for Windows XP. Hence I think you need to make sure that this graphics card is being surely works with the windows 8. As we all know that this windows 8 developer preview has been recently launched and it is not the full version of the windows 8. Hence you need to contact the manufacturer of windows 8 for more information.

Microsoft had implemented an artificial limit of four monitors in Windows 7 with the final release of the OS, and I read somewhere that the manufacturer has been work to provide the facility to run the graphics driver onto windows 8. It would certainly behoove AMD (ATI) to keep up with what MS is doing. This information will be help to make an connection with new windows 8 and this popular ATI Radeon Eyefinity graphics technology.

You can also use the windows 7 compatibility mode on windows 8 to use such graphics card technology. This compatibility will be work to fix your installation problem.

I also try this compatibility concept on windows 8 to make connection with the system and graphics card. First I run the command prompt in windows 7 mode and then install graphics driver onto it. This will be work to make connection and now it works fine without creating any problem. However if you setup eyefinity using a 5950 or 5970 or 6950 6970 or 6990 than the single ati card will make proper connection with windows 8. You can get more information about this concept with the help of official expert of the Microsoft. Then take advice and make proper connection.