Thread: Upgrade from NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 to Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

Upgrade from NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 to Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

Hey friends, I am thinking to upgrade from NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 to Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, so for taking the help in this cause I came here. I know that it is not very easy to upgrade to the Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti and this need so much of the system requirements. So please anyone can suggest me about the system requirements for this graphic card? And also let me tell you that I am having one 6-pin PCI connector because there is going into my NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250. Any suggestion in this cause? currently I am having the above specification of the system:-

• Motherboard-MSI K9N2 SLI platinum
    • Power supply-900w
    • AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00ghz
    • RAM 4GB.

Re: Upgrade from NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 to Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

In your cause I can say that if you are having the Power supply of 900W then I think that this will be fine for your new Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, to provide the proper power supply to it. But here I will say you to check on the power supply that it is having the other pin instead of the 6 pin PCI connector, and also you have decided to take the new Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti which will need the 4 pin PCI connector. So for that reason I think that you will need to see that your power supply is having so that pin or not. For checking that you can directly check on the power supply or else for that you can also check on the net if you know the make and model of it. But here I can say that if you are having the 900W then it will surely have the 4pin PCI connector. Go and check for that.

Ok, I get what you are saying over here. Btu please tells me that if the people if having the other power supply than what will you say over there? How can he check at that time for the pin connector which you are saying? I am thinking that this will be connector in the power supply and then on the connector into the GPU. Or it will be the plug in the one connector into the power supply and then one connector into the GPU. I am asking you this because, I am also thinking for this upgrade and here I get the suggestion for this upgrade but here I can see that you have only suggested for the particular power supply so for that reason I think that I will need the answer for this question also. Please suggest me for that also.

After watching this all suggestion I opened up my computers and see on the power supply and there I found that it is only having the 6-pin PCI connector in it and there is no any 40-pin connector for doing this all tings. What to do now?

Dude, if you are thinking for the latest upgrade then I will suggest you for the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti. Because I have also upgrade my GTS 250 to the new EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, and after this I can say that I am very happy to using this one. So for the person who is thinking to upgrade their GTS 250, to them I will suggest to go with the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

Yes, I tried with the above suggestion to check on the power supply unit to see that which type of the pin connector It have, but there I found nothing related with that. For that I also tried to search on the net but there also I didn’t get any proper information for me. So can anyone please tell me the steps to find out this pin connector in the power supply unit? Tell me that, for see that I have to only open the computer case or else I need to open the power supply to see this thing. But here let me tell you that I have checked this thing by opening the case and there I nothing found anything’s. So what next I have to do?

I am also thinking to upgrade my NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, but yet I have not decided that which one I should take to upgrade that one. After coming here I came to know about the EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti. So, I will try for that and then if I get any problem related with this then report here back.

If you are thinking to upgrade your graphic card then I will suggest you to upgrade to the new Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti. I am recommending you about this one because ei am also using this and I feel very happy with this one. But before you proceed for the upgrade, make sure that you are having the proper system configuration which Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti need. For that you can also check on the system configuration supported by the Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti and if this support you system then only go to buy this one.