Thread: The graphics driver is not compatible with the graphics hardware

The graphics driver is not compatible with the graphics hardware

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AW35GJ and I have windows 7 as the operating system and the problem I am facing is that when I am checking my graphic card through the dxdiag then it is shoeing me as a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter but what I know and what I have is a 1080 Full HD which was built by me in Blu Ray previously. I have also checked the specification list near the Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT notebook graphics processing unit but then when I am trying to download the driver for that card I am getting a message saying “The graphics driver is not compatible with the graphics hardware” .I don’t know what to do know. Any suggestion to solve this will be appreciated.

Re: The graphics driver is not compatible with the graphics hardware

As far as I know the Sony Laptops does not support the NVIDIA drivers and maybe that’s the reason you are getting that message. Sony VAIO notebooks supports the below ones:
    • Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M
    • GeForce GT 330M
    • GeForce GT 425M
    • GeForce GT 540M

I am facing the same kind of problem and I am having ASUS K52Jc which is linked with GeForce 310M.I am trying to set them like that the laptop use the nVidia card rather than the Intel HD Graphics but when I am opening the nVidia Control Panel and then when I am clicking on the "Manage 3D Settings" it does not respond me and the pc shuts down and when I restarted the pc and then tried to open the control panel then I got a dialog box saying that the program has stopped responding. Later when I tried to install driver from nVidia then I got the same message saying that the "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

You can try to download this driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...ql-driver.html and then check if the problem has been solved or not.

You can try to download the latest driver from the ASUS website and check that it supports your system as well but then if you still get the same error message saying that the "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware” then I will suggest you to try and install it in the safe mode and check if you are able to download it or not but then if you still face the same problem than you can try to install the previous version of the driver such as 266.58.I have used this a long time ago and it was working well so if you want then you can try out this one to avoid such errors.

Even I am having the same kind of problem when I am trying to install the drivers for my graphic card. I have already checked the card and I have also tried to reset the card but it does not seems to be helping as well. Below is my system information:
    • CPU- Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    • CPU Cooler -Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-G1 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    • Motherboard -Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    • Memory -G.Skill Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
    • Hard Drive-Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    • Video Card- EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB Video Card
    • Case- Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case

As per your specification I think that you will have to change your ram modules in order to get the best performance. I will suggest you to insert one of the Ram slots 1-3 (blue) and the other in 2-4 (white) and they are not supposed to be placed next to each other. Just try it out and see if it helps or not. If it is working then well and good and if not then let me know so I can help you with some other solutions.