Thread: GTX 580m downclock when running on full load for long time

GTX 580m downclock when running on full load for long time

My GTX 580m downclocks when running on full load for too extended. The throttle is not temperature or power identified. When in-profundity investigating, its moreover been found that not BIOS or EC is to charge. Plainly, the throttle is brought on by the drivers. I could want to catch a Nvidia agent reacting to the situation. The cards have been publicized as the extreme gaming encounter, yet no warning regarding any sort of throttling has been given.

Re: GTX 580m downclock when running on full load for long time

I recommend you to look at Alienware M17x R3 580M Throttle at 77°C Furmark diagram on YouTube. It would be ideal if you see in full HD to see graph and reading decently. You would be able to see plainly the VDDC voltage drops from 0.870V to 0.800V following getting to temp 77°C+. I have reached the dell specialized office and reported to nvidia specialized individual too for the same then they declared they will soon finish up new Dell vbios upgrade.

I am 100% positive the throttling is not temperature identified. I figured out how to hotness the cards up to 90*C without the throttle kicking in (on fans powerfully set to 1500 RPM). It is unmistakably load/stress identified. Despite connected clocks and power, if just 100% utilize final nearly 60-90 seconds the throttle kicks in. The 77*C figure conceivably be incidental. Nevertheless, its exceptional to catch they known concerning the situation.

My Device id is same 10DE-1211 joining my GPU-z snaps for reference both default speed and underclock speeds with the goal that I am able to play multiplayer games without throttle since throttle stays for approx 30-60 seconds and its particularly valuable for interval. I work toward getting reduced FPS but preferred then dropping to 5 FPS and not playable whatsoever.

I got upgrade from Dell specialized division that the situation has been sent to Product Group who is in charge of outlining the laptop and situation is expected to end soon.

I did the bios update above and now give me a chance to tell you what it does. As a substitute for Dropping the voltage from 0.870V to 0.800V on 77°C+ temps of GPU what it does is it diminishes the Voltage from 0.870V to 0.850V when the temp ranges @63°C and consequently your heart speed is dropped from 620MHz to 475Mhz and thus the rate of rise of temperature is lessened but it makes a point not to take care of the situation it just postpones it by few more moments.