Thread: Does DirectX play a big role in Battlefield 3 upgrade?

Does DirectX play a big role in Battlefield 3 upgrade?

I feel the need to update my EVGA Superclocked GTX 260 Core 216. As you know, this card doesn't support DX11. My partner has a Radeon 5850, which as you know, locally supports DX11. The game being referred to here is the Battlefield 3 Beta. I'm not truly beyond any doubt how to describe the contrast, but even on the same graphics settings, his graphics are a great deal more silky and smooth, while mine feel similar to a much more older game. Now here's the thing-I'm not talking framerate here, although yes his is much higher than mine. Notwithstanding framerate, his graphics just has a preferable “flow" to them, provided that you will. I acquired a video card that faultlessly leveled with the power of my GTX 260, yet locally support DX11. Could the DX11 motor assist the game's display in itself?

Re: Does DirectX play a big role in Battlefield 3 upgrade?

There is considerably more to getting a smooth feel to games that actually having a great GPU. The rest of the framework-CPU, RAM and so on should be dependent upon determination too on the grounds that you haven't as a matter of fact stated what you and your mate both have in this respect, anything is simply a assumption.

In a Aero test in DX10, a stock 5850 could be 40-50% faster than a GTX260, with the goal that overclocked Black Edition has got to be regardless 50% quicker. It has more RAM and more memory transfer speed, as well. It's in the process of heading off to have a much simpler time. In addition, obviously, it has DX11, which does look fantastic.

Your CPU and RAM should not bottleneck any card on the market. To get a thought of which cards will run the game, what framerate does your companion get on Ultra settings? I know its not heading off to be heightened, but it might as well give you a plan of what amount of more effective it should be.

$150 is totally just heading off to purchase you a GTX550Ti, which is not set up to be any faster than your GTX260. All the more a GTX560 won't be as snappy as your companion's 5850. In this way, you quite need regardless a GTX560Ti, which is significantly more suitable to the rest of your apparatus. It still won't play BF3 at HD res on Ultra settings, but it need to be mange high. You're going to have to find an extra 100 bucks, though.

I'm not certain 89 indicates in 3DMark11 qualifies as 'quite a bit faster'. This is just 2%. Then again this is an overclocked model of 5850, as well. However possibly I ought to have expressed 'no faster than the 5850'. In fact, in actual games, the 5850 can overpower the 560 now and again (and one of them is BFBC2, unexpectedly). This is more about in case a game is enhanced for nVidia or ATI, however. The focus was that, provided that you feel the need to run BF3 well at HD res, you are determined to require something greater than a GTX560.

My interaction with the Beta, running with specification on my signature, all stock, on : 1080p, Ultra, 4x AA, HBAO and Blur on and getting like 28-40 FPS Outdoors with tremendous view distances, more often than not 30-35 dipping to 28 or something with explosions. Inside its unfailingly 40-50. Beta is entirely sturdy; it will here and there dip from 30 to 10 FPS like for no explanation. Now there's this things about Beta "Ultra" not blatantly being ultra, actually "High". They additionally declare beta is un-improved. SO I suppose if in the actual Ultra you get abate casing rates then that might be assisted by creating Blur and AA which are practically useless.

The 5850, and can match the GTX 460/560/560 Ti in countless applications in fact. It's a definitely under-regarded card. I could perhaps pick a 5850 over a 460, it cools to spectacularly cool temperatures depending on if you water cool it.

My mate is playing a graphically escalated game on a definitely superior video card. This is why his event is so laggy contrasted with his the GTX 260 is a considerable regretful card contrasted with today’s requirement. I formerly would claim several in SLi. I am a small amazed the Q6600 doesn't back the event off however.