Thread: Nvidia Quadro FX 880m driver with HP crashing display driver

Nvidia Quadro FX 880m driver with HP crashing display driver

I newly acquired a HP EliteBook 8540w which incorporates the NVidia Quadro FX 880M GPU and chipset driving the full HD (1920x1080) laptop display. It is a heightened spec machine running Win7 Pro 64 bit. The vast majority of the time every latest item works fine, but occasionally the display driver crashes and restarts. When this happens the Aero subject briskly returns to standard until the driver restarts, then Aero returns and every latest item carries on fine. Is it accurate to say that it is a situation in another location on the machine bringing on the driver to crash?

Re: Nvidia Quadro FX 880m driver with HP crashing display driver

I have been encountering the same sort of scenario. It happens most drastically when utilizing Adobe Acrobat X with something greater than one archive open (the more documents, the more visit the crash), but I have in addition had it when switching XPMode to full screen on the second display (LG M227WDP full HD via the VGA port). I have updated the driver to the most recent (280.26) and it still crashes.

I don't have a fix but I am having the same situation with my Lenovo W510. I sent it back to Lenovo and they thought they settled it by reloading the all of the software but its back again. The screen blacks out for about 5 seconds then afterward comes back, with a error message that the driver had failed. I don't run any uncommon software-mainly Firefox and Office. In the event that you root out what the solution is, do let me know.

Any issue such as this ought to be carried to the regard of the producer of the notebook. You are able to likewise attempt turning off Aero in Windows.

I positively could be letting HP have prior experience with the situation, but I thought it a great thought to head off straight to the foundation of the situation-the driver that is crashing. The same situation on a machine from a manufacturer it looks similar to this is identified straight to the nvidia Quadro and its drivers. Since HP comes up with a fix I'll certainly post it here with the intention that others can see what's going on.

Since any of you ever get an answer from HP that might be utilized for something I could quite much would give anything to know about it, but I am anxious to admit you will accept a standard response (upgrade the drivers, reinstall the software)

Concerning turning Aero off, I would be able to, and that could without a doubt stop the crashes, but this is not quite a true answer. I make far reaching utilize of the Aero taskbar offers and turning it off will make my essence more challenging. One of the purposes behind getting a cutting edge beat spec machine was to utilize features similar to this. Luckily I am able to point of confinement the discomfort by being careful how I utilize Adobe Acrobat Reader X. The crashes very nearly consistently happen when I have several PDF documents open at the same time (it would be able to happen with one record open or when utilizing different offhand applications, but these crashes are particularly few and far in the middle of) so I am able to exist with the situation until nvidia, HP or whoever think of a result.

I thought I could double check what could happen with Aero incapacitated, so I've tried it by modifying to the fundamental desktop. Unfortunately it still crashes in precisely the same way, so its not Aero identified.

I brought my HP exclusive book 8540w concerning a year and a half back and following getting it i have perceived the same issue on the other hand I’m running the Quadro 1800FXm Graphics card. I have been unable to settle this situation with driver regraphicss, bios regraphicss and different reversionats and consistent with HP there is no deficiency in the graphics card. Nonetheless either method this isn't precisely satisfactory.

I have been having this pc for a half of a year now, and have encountered same situations as you portray and countless BSODs also. Primarily every latest trace of the situations is obviously joined to the PowerMizer (timing of the graphical card relying on the power options).

I am able to comprehend your scenario. Following updating the BIOS a couple of times, updating to diverse Nvidia drivers countless times, and turning the PowerMizer off, the issue of having a shaky pc is still there. As this is a group pc, I have solicited from our IT branch for help, but still a solution to settle the laptop is nonexistent.