Thread: frame rate drops while playing Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 using NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

frame rate drops while playing Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 using NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

in my dell xps 15 l502x laptop in which there is NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphic card. Now in my laptop I have installed half life and counter strike 1.6 and while playing the game frame rate of the game drops. now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: frame rate drops while playing Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 using NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

well according to me this type of problem occurs if the graphic setting of the game is not proper and that is why first I will suggest you to go to the graphic setting of both the game and check whether all the setting is proper or not. You should also try to solve this problem by trying different setting the game. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Re: frame rate drops while playing Half-Life and Counter-Strike 1.6 using NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your mobile phone and I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by setting the high performance option for the counter strike game in Nvida control panel and after that you have to start the game in your laptop and after trying that you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. According to by trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I am telling you this because there was similar problem occurred with my laptop also and after that I have searched on the internet regarding this problem and after that I came to know that I have o set the high preference option for the Counter strike and half life game in my laptop and after that did the same and then my problem get solved.

Try this solution and after that let me know.

yes I will also give you the same advise if the high perforce is not select for the counter strike game and half life game in your laptop then that is the main reason why you are facing this problem. to solve this issue you have to set the high performance option for both the game and then your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to set the high performance option for the games in nvidia control panel then you have to follow this steps.
    • First open the Nvidia control panel in your laptop.
    • After that you have to expand the 3d setting from the left pen.
    • now click on the manage 3d setting
    • after that you have to click on the program setting tab.
    • now click on the add button.
    • After that you have to select add the games which you need.
    • After that you have to select the high performance setting from the select [preferred setting option.
    • After that you have to click on the OK.

I have open the nvidia control panel and added the games but there is no option for the selecting the high performance for the game. is there anything wrong with the game or something else is causing this issue. anyone have solution regarding this then please help me.

try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Nvida control center in your laptop. first you have to remove the nvidia control center from your laptop and after uninstalling the Nvidia control center from your laptop you have to restart your laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to install the nvidia control center in your laptop and then you have to check whether problem is still there or not.

you should also check whether any updates for the Nvida controlcenter is available on the internet or not . if updates are available then you have to download that and install that in your laptop and afetr that your problem will get solved.

Have you tried to fix this problem by reinstalling the Nvidia drivers in your dell xps 15 l502x laptop? if you have not tried that then you have to first reinstall the drivers in your laptop and after reinstalling the drivers you have to check whether problem get solved or not. if on the Nvidia site or Dell site latest drivers are available then install that in your laptop and then problem will get solved.

I have first reinstalled the Nvidia control center and then I have successfully set the high performance option for both the game abut after that also same problem was coming. now after that I have reinstalled the drivers that doesn’t helped me and then I have installed updated drivers and then problem get solved. thank you so much for helping me.