Thread: GTX 560 TI SLI overheating

GTX 560 TI SLI overheating

Just got another GTX 560 TI intended for SLI today and for this took new 1000w OCZ to support it. I did benchmark test for Bad Company 2 with each maxed out 1920x1089. Luckily it ran completely at 60fps hard with no dips, but when I check my temps they were about 80-100 degrees! I don’t have any more space to add extra fans to the cpu case. Is there any solution?

Re: GTX 560 TI SLI overheating

As temperatures are not worrisome in itself, considering summer. Definitely have a bigger house would help you, such as the HAF932, also of CM, because unfortunately vga 2 are quite warm, so you need to have a large, well-ventilated houses. The slight overheating motherboard / CPU vga could depend on the hotter, no doubt. The fan, even when used at 100%, should be no problem in the long run, the limit may become slightly noisier in the space of about a year and a half, because you could wear down a bit bearings.

There are two video cards but I will definitely recommend the consumption and overheating gtx 580 and 560 to the raised level of performance has certainly lost a little something they like fps but not much, but definitely not overheating problems.

The side fan should see the perforated near the fenestration on the left side of the case. As for the 720W, because you're not overclocking, should be no problem, the CM power supplies are still good. If you broke the fans, however, can be replaced with aftermarket heatsinks, any technical operation of a computer store a minimum competent you can do.

You should be able to verify that your SLI is enabled via the "control panel" Nvidia.

It is best not to exceed 80 C. At full load

Ensure you have the fans at 100% and if you can add some extra fan drawing air.

Another point, try changing the thermal paste on both default graphs that tend to have excessively much thermal paste.

Another potential problem is the savings options, you may have enabled this option and for that reason cannot stand the standard Vantage clocks. Try to make the MSI OC Afterburner (latest revision), perhaps you work better

Yes I agree, the PCI is not the best solution, far from it. This is the only one that seemed functional.

Otherwise, in the BIOS, there is a setting for using or not the other 2 PCI-e, but only 16x-16x-1x or 16x-8x-8x. I have not tried with only two cards for the third PCI-e is so close to the edge of the motherboard that the card comes up against the power supply.