Thread: HDMI/DVI connection failed to register

HDMI/DVI connection failed to register

I have purchased the ASUS VH242H Monitor which has really wonderful quality. I connected that with my computer with the help of the HDMI cable but I found that the DVI connection failed to register. While booing the Windows, all the things work well but as I enter the password to that then I get the message on monitor as "No Signal." I am not able to understand that why this is happening with this as the HDMI connection seems to work without any problem. I am asking this because I wish to make use of the HDMI port as of my GPU to my TV. If you have any idea by which this problem can be resolved then please let me know that. Thank you.

Re: HDMI/DVI connection failed to register

I think that you are running with very high resolution for the display. If you want then you can try by lowering the resolution. I hope that this will be helpful for you.

You should verify your monitor input choice, I think that if you boast both the HDMI as well as DVI plugged to your monitor, the graphics card is utilizing the DVI output but the monitor is set to obtain input as of the HDMI. It is just a guess and so I am not 100 % sure about this possibility.

You should first check whether the HDMI connector is firmly seated in the HDMI jacks. Sometimes it is enough to pull the plug from the socket and insert again. HDMI is the newest standard of digital transmission technology dar. It allows to transfer digital images as well as sound information in a single cable and is the successor to the SCART connector. Current TVs, AV receivers and HDTV receivers already have an HDMI connection. There is more possibility that this is the connection problem.

You can try by changing the connecting cable as that might be faulty and not providing proper connection to it. This is one thing and other than this, you must ensure that you are having the latest driver for this. I hope that you will be out of this issue soon.

In a normal VGA connection, the signal transmission is similar through the DVI digital connection. For VGA connector, the digital data as of the graphics card into an analog signal to be changed and then sent to the LCD and there must be rehabilitated back to digital data for display. The DVI connection, the graphic data is transmitted digitally. Success: Always a good, crackling crisp image, no manual or automatic adjustment of picture settings are necessary. Basically, it's completely absurd to operate a TFT screen with VGA

Why don’t you contact to the manufacturer. There might be some settings that you are missing and for that reason you are getting this issue. So, it will be good for you if you contact to the manufacturer and ask them this question. They are the best to answer this.

If a graphics card via the VGA port connected to the display, the digital signals from the graphics card are first converted into analog signals. The display is then reversed again, the conversion of analog to digital. Due to the double conversion, it is definitely a deterioration of the image information. Depending on the quality of components used, the signal quality can significantly worsen again - with a corresponding impact on the representation. They therefore prefer LCDs with DVI digital input, and connect them to a suitable DVI cable to the corresponding DVI output of your graphics card.

The VGA connector is advanced as of the representation card into a simple sign to be updated then after that sent to the LCD and there should be restored back to advanced information for showcase. The DVI union, the realistic information is transmitted digitally.