Thread: Apple TV hard reset and soft reset troubleshoot fixed

Apple TV hard reset and soft reset troubleshoot fixed

I finally resolved how to quit needing to reset the ATV without a doubt I leave it for a couple of hours. Settings / General / Sleep After / Never I don't ability I missed this setting ever, but now I possess no situation with it going into unending slumber mode.

Re: Apple TV hard reset and soft reset troubleshoot fixed

I had the same situation of needing to restart or reset practically day by day. I have 3 ATV's and I unvaryingly had to reset them following sleep time. I came across the 'Never' alternative moreover and it worked fabulous. In any case now, I utilize a unique screen saver from a particular envelope for my ATV's and when I head off to utilize the ATV it works excellent on all things BUT my iTunes streaming.

Every last trace of the movies I have in iTunes cannot be found. The library might be found, but none of the 200+ films. NetFlix works, PPV works, unequivocally not my iTunes.

Parts--3 ATV2's, iMac (running iTunes, constantly open), MacBook Air, all on same 802.11N network, 100MBps thru Comcast Xfinity.

Since you keep the ATV in the "Never" Sleep Mode it won't really hurt anything aside from utilizing your home network transmission capacity. At the same time frequently the store organizer in the ATV moves toward getting "clogged" (her statement not mine) and a snappy reset of the remote might as well clear it and IF that doesn't work, then the most straightforward thing to do is head over into iTunes, head off to Advanced, turn OFF Home Sharing, then walk out on, verifying obviously that on the ATV it in reality disengaged from Home Sharing. Then again voila, its all back and working fine. She declared that Apple prescribes utilizing the Home Sharing on/off emphasize versus a hard reset to the ATV and bodes well to me.

I'm considering putting a switch in the line to the ATV to just shut it off, then after that once again on when I utilize it. I don't think the screen saver could be any distinctive than the screen saver ATV at present utilizes. Mine head over to screen saver even now, all the more when they're in the "never rest" mode.

I have been testing this by reason of 6:30a EDT on a few TV's now and both are in NEVER slumber mode and both obviously have woken up truly each and every time because then.

I have been running both of mine such as that "Never" mode for 5 weeks or something like that and they work just fine now. They're in the default screensaver mode with the scrolling creatures when I turn my TV on, then they react splendidly when I press the menu bind. They don't blatantly utilize any life to speak of, so I am cheerful for now.

• In iTunes head off to Advanced and Turn ON Home Sharing
    • On your Apple TV drop in your Apple ID (the same as your iTunes log on)
    • Enter your password for iTunes
    • Then you might as well see the emulating menu decisions on a level plane opposite the TV screen from the Apple TV

1. -- Movies (these are the movies direct from Apple)
    2. -- TV Shows (also direct from Apple)
    3. -- Internet (this is where you see NetFlix, MLB.TV, NBA etc)
    4. -- Computers (you should see "My Library" or whatever you have it named)
    5. -- Settings

Under the Computers menu decision you might as well see your library, open that and you'll see a vertical menu with decisions like Music, Movies, Rentals, TV Shows, Podcasts, and so forth. You ought to see your choice show up and you select it and voila, its playing on your TV. I tear a great deal of films with Handbrake and drop them into iTunes and they all show up in the thick of it doing the accurate strides.